Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Debate-Kids under 13 date?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by WhiteKatLuva, Jan 1, 2010.

1. WhiteKatLuva

WhiteKatLuva PetForums Member

No, i dont think kids under 13 should date...its gross but the thing is, you cant help falling in love so i think kids under 13 shouldnt date but...the whole falling in love thing...i've heard that some aculley fall in love...urk yuck

2. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Erm sorry, I'm 13 and in a relationship? I don't say I love him but I'm happy being with him. Is that wrong?

3. WhiteKatLuva

WhiteKatLuva PetForums Member

no my point is...kids like me, 10-12, should not fall in love cos' its just...wierd, u no wat im saying?

4. fluffosaur

fluffosaur PetForums Senior

Provided it is not inappropriate (i.e. shutting the bedroom door, secretive, dating OLDer guys) then there is not too much wrong with it. I do remember being 13 and not really having a clue about boys so I imagine a lot of girls could get themselves into a nasty situation by being similarly naive.

Its all down to the parents, the boy/girl they want to "date" and what they are doing. I've seen too many teenage parents in my line of work to know that teenage boys are generally only out for one thing ...

5. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Love, love is a hard word they just make it up saying they're in love. They have no idea. I have personal experience, it made my past few years bugger because I used to believe I had to be "in love" to be happy, but not no more :smile5:

6. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

kids your age have no idea about love:D my 12 year old has had loads of girlfriends over the past few years,he takes them out and spends his money on them:)

7. Spectr

Spectr PetForums Member

My daughter is not dating at 13, or 14, 15 ..... 65 etc for that matter :D

At 13 I had a Tamagotchi which was really important then so boys were of no interest anyway, how things change.

Well apart for Abigail who won't like boys I've decided for her already ;)

8. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Ah love at that age is one of the best kind, well it was in my day..;):D

9. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

You think your life will never get any better and you want to be with that person every day and you think you'll end up marrying them and it's just :001_tt1:

From my own experiences :blush:

10. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

In my opinion (22 years old) love is different for each person but i do believe that at 13 MOST kids no nothing about true love, my dad always told me it was puppy love at that age and i agree with him now.

I also agree that boys at that age only want one thing (previous experience) and girls seem to be naive to it even though they are blatant about it these days.

11. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I had a boyfriend in primary school when I lived in Saudi Arabia, he protected me from the bullies:)

12. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

aww that's so cute :D

I was about 8 or 9 when I had my first 'boyfriend'..... we just went to each others houses for tea after school a few times but to us it was true love :laugh:

13. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

haha you and me both.I've not long been in touch again with such a guy.;):D:D
    i broke his heart and he still reminds me.haha

14. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Who needs a girlfriend? I have two dogs... :D

Seriously though, I don't think kids have a god damn clue as to what they're doing.

15. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Yeah...you give them your heart and then they stamp on it a few times and throw it back to you :crying:

Hopefully you have better luck than I did, though I was 15-17 :laugh:

Its cute/nice/fun at 13, nothing wrong with it at all :)

I started young, two marriage proposals by age 7 :p

#15 GoldenShadow, Jan 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  16. CheatingRabbit

CheatingRabbit PetForums Member

With the best will...

enjoy your childhood while you can - you get long enough as an adult; don't rush headlong into it! I haven't grown up yet and don't intend to either

CR

17. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Take your time, don't rush into relationships - otherwise you'll end up like me...stuck with a CheatingRabbit...:eek:

Lol, Love ya really :D

18. CheatingRabbit

CheatingRabbit PetForums Member

Have you ever heard the story of Brer Rabbit and the tar baby? That is more like what happened!

19. Indie

Indie PetForums VIP

I have a 13 year old and she's more interested in unicorns and horses than boys, at that age they no how to love mum and dad but don't no what proper true love is. I wouldn't even let my son go and meet this girl of the net and he's 15 lol.

20. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Haha yes the one I thought I loved usually brings it up in day to day conversation or when we pass in the corridors at school it's like. Got it! :blush:
    Haha, they're twats! I know that, maybe one comes along and acts like it but isn't all he seems. I'm very wary as I know they only want one thing and to know what it's like but I think my boyfriend atm was a good pick of the bunch :001_tt1:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice