Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dealing with cat allergies

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by stupha, Jul 9, 2009.

1. stupha

stupha PetForums Newbie

After having grown up with beween 1 and four cats most of my childhood, in adulthood I unfortunately developed allergies to most cats. I have managed to use the usual treatments available without any real problems, but would love to find more natural ways to keep the allergic reactions at bay.

Does anyone have any tips on natural remedies or prouducts that they have tried (successfully or otherwise)?

2. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

I've never heard of anything natural helping with cat allergies :confused:
    I'm a strong believer in prescription drugs :D lol

3. claire484

claire484 PetForums Junior

4. stupha

stupha PetForums Newbie

Oh now that's interesting. Unfortunately for me (and I didn't clarify this in my question) I don't have any cats, but I do sometimes have contact with them sometimes in my work. So I'm guessing an approach like "I'll come around to draw/photograph your cat but can you please put some of this on him first?" might not be good ;)

I'm going to take a close look at this, thank you for the link.

5. claire484

claire484 PetForums Junior

Lol, I can see how that might be a problem!
    Have you thought about things like the balm you can put on your nostrils (forgotten what it's called now) it's meant to treat hayfever but the idea is it stops you breathing the allergens in so it could be helpful for a pet allergy I guess?

6. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

LOL.

You definitely wouldn't get in our house, for a start by the time we'd rounded up all of the cats most of the day would have gone :D

Do you work from photographs?

7. stupha

stupha PetForums Newbie

I hadn't thought of that, I'll look into it, thanks.

Lol!
    Yes, mostly work from photographs, as much due to georgaphy and the cost/time of travelling around as anthing else. Though sometimes available photos are just too poor quality to use (I have been asked to work from vague, fuzzy blobs more than once!).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice