Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Day 62 labour signs ??

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by ChloeLouise, Jun 4, 2018.

1. ChloeLouise

ChloeLouise PetForums Newbie

Hey :)

My poppy is 3 years old she’s a pug and this is her first litter, it’s her due day the 5th June from her first mating and the 8th June from the second, she’s been leaking stinging bits from her privates but is showing no other signs of labour at all? I’ve been setting my alarm every 2 hours a night to check on her the passed 6 days I’m absolutely shattered lol ! I’ve took her temp and it’s been up and down for the passed week so can’t really rely on that it’s been 34.2 then 37.7 and in between them two, does anyone else know any early signs just so I know where I’m standing with her ??

Thanks

2. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

The first signs of labour are normally loss of appetite, sometimes vomiting, restlessness, digging/nesting in bedding and sometimes panting.

Given that she's due tomorrow, I would have her with you at night, either in your bedroom or you sleep downstairs with her and, if she begins labour, she will likely waken you up.

A lot can happen in two hours, so checking on her that way could be risky.

ChloeLouise likes this.
  3. ChloeLouise

She has been eating fine, not digging hasn’t been sick, she’s been panting on and off but only when she’s been getting up, she’s been in our room for the passed week that’s where I’ve been checking she sleeps next to me on the floor so I can hear her but she hasn’t been waking me up so I’ve been setting the alarm.

4. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

She doesn't sound imminent.

She could have conceived from her second mating, but most bitches become pregnant from the first.

Do you know how many pups she's expecting?

5. ChloeLouise

When she got scanned the lady said 5+ So not sure she is absolutely massive though, from her second she’d be due Thursday sorry so the 7th not 8th

6. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

She could begin labour anytime now really.

I wouldn't leave her unsupervised at all now.

If she's sleeping in your room, you would hear her panting, digging in her bedding if she was beginning.

7. ChloeLouise

I haven’t left her side all week just incase so will just carry on :) thanks do they dig and pant just before they start or can that last days?

8. ChloeLouise

Also she sleeps on the rug in our room she won’t use a bed, it’s a big fluffy thing she loves it so would that matter?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice