Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Day 1 With Zeke!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Sarahnorris, May 21, 2010.

1. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

so after all the crazy things that last night that happened. thought i would start a new thread, and start with a fresh day.

have been up since half 4 this morning on and off, he was whimpering in his crate, still panting like mad, so i gave him water, let him out the back and tried to put him back into cage, zeke wasn't impressed with that tho. so i just let him out again. and left the bedroom door open so could hear him if anything happened. he came right into the room, wimpered a bit and went to sleep with my dogs. it was nice, it was like he only wanted reassurance and some company.

OH has gone to work :lol: to explain what has happened, think hes gonna end up in A&E for a paper stitch though, one of the wound marks is pretty open.

so gonna go shower, take the dogs to the park and burn off some energy :) well, P@H first for a new collar and lead. :lol: i love spending money on my dogs :)
    shall come back with some lovely photos for you all tho!! :thumbup:

ps. we have gone with Zeke, thanks to Springer for the suggestion, and everyone else that helped come up with names.
    and he has been officially added to the signature! :D

#1 Sarahnorris, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
    Mum2Heidi likes this.
  2. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

glad everything went ok and he likes your pack and vice versa . have fun in the park and if u do not come back with pics u will have couple angry addicts :D.

can we have pics with all 3 as well ?

3. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

You've got one hell of a good OH there, I think alot would have made much more fuss of the situation!! :lol:

Sounds like it's going well with the dogs at least so fingers crossed it was all just a blip and reaction to the bloody awful time poor Zeke has had recently.

Not trying to be difficult but I'm extreamly suspicious of a rescue that would have handled the rehoming in this manner but at least Zeke has been lucky enough to land with people who understand and can obviously cope with what's being thrown at them. :thumbup:

Just remain calm and relaxed and he'll do fine I'm sure.

4. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Glad everything went ok after the hiccup earlier in the evening. As others have said stress and tiredness most likely played a big part in it and he just needed to rest and recover.

I find it hard to beleive a rescue sent a dog from kent to Scotland in one journey I would have expected them to have organised a stop off for a night somewere. Maybe at another rescue or boarding kennels for the night. Did one person bring him the whole way or did they use a relay of people to get him to you. I know some rescues use a relay of people each doing a small part to take dogs from one end of the country to another.

5. xxbailliexx

xxbailliexx PetForums Member

just wanted to say well done for taking zeke on :thumbup: he's a gorgeous boy as is all your dogs they're adorable :001_wub:
    hopefully with the love and understanding you have showed him allready he will soon settle and become part of your family.

6. tafwoc

tafwoc PetForums VIP

Im glad everything has calmed down a little now. And i can't wait to see those pics :thumbup:

#6 tafwoc, May 21, 2010
  7. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

glad eveythings has gone calmly now and you had a pretty alright first night with him :) can't wait to see piccies :D

8. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Its very early days, take it calm and steady, im sure he will be fine hun
    xx

9. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Nice name choice ;) I'm pleased everything is going well so far. It does seem like last night may have just been an overdose of things. Can't wait to see photo's :thumbup:

10. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Glad everything has calmed down. I thought most rescues did sort of relay runs with a few people so the dog got a break :confused1:. Last night was probably just tiredness combined with the stress of a new place I'm sure most humans would have been grouchy after travelling all day. We need many more pictures when you can he's so handsome

11. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

i think it was just just the one couple, and they did stop over i believe they said, and there were breaks in between... but I'd rather him go Thu that that ultimately be PTS.

went to the park this morning, oh my lord the humidity, poor dogs! so im away to dowse them in water :lol: and throw them out the back!
    went to vets, had teeth check, nail trim ect ect. only weighin in at 28kg. so a bit lean...
    will have to get on top of that!!

will get a photo of the bite too, when OH comes home! :lol:

just uploading photos, will be with you shortly. ;)

12. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Piccies Please, i want to see them Now
    haha
    xx

13. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

good luck with the future, hopefully everything will settle down.

and where are the pics?

14. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

PHOTOS!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#14 Sarahnorris, May 21, 2010
  15. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

He looks as though he is slotting right in! :)

16. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Awww, he's just so handsome and lovely to see he's become part of the pack and my hasn't akai grown :thumbup: funny how they can all look so different yet they are the same cross, I love mixies just for that reason :thumbup:

17. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

yeah its like hes known them all his days, they had great fun playing and running around today. :D

one thing, he just tried to cock a leg and pee on my plant. not appreciated i must say! i made a noise and it stopped him, but how i stop him in the long run?

18. Joolz1975

Joolz1975 PetForums Member

Hes beautiful!!!

Just read the other thread, sorry he bit your OH and hope after he has settled in things calm down a little!

Well done for taking him on and i hope you have a great life with him! we are getting a dog but getting a puppy as i have a young daughter (as well as a teenage son) and just cant risk taking on a dog whos history i dont know, would rather have a puppy and all the fun and games that go with it but know that i can train the dog from been young so that i can trust it.

Im not sure i could trust an adult rescue dog with my daughter id be too scared!

Having said that my neighbour has a resuce Staffie and shes an amazing dog!

Anyway im waffling good luck hope all goes well!

19. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Beautiful dogs:001_wub:. He looks like he's fitting right in that first pic looks like a demon dog convention lol.

20. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

well he looks like he was always part of the pack . they look so settled and I think u have mates for life there . gosh Im so proud of him and is not even mine

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice