Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Davey. My obsession

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by flows, Jul 10, 2019.

1. flows

flows PetForums Newbie

Soulmate, Samoyed, sensational. I am totally unhealthily obsessed. I achieved when not near him, I got a tattoo cause I missed him and I sometimes cry into his 10 inch fluff dreading the day I can no longer hold him.
    H saved my life a couple of times and I feel Bowie him the world.

Looking for someone who can relate

Attached Files:

2. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

Great pic it sounds like the 2 of you have a special bond:)

3. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Davey looks lovely! I think everyone here can identify with the kind of love you have for him. But it doesn’t sound like you’re actually enjoying his presence in your life much - maybe you could try to focus less on the intense feelings of not having him in your life, and more on the joy of being with him in the moment. Instead of being miserable because you miss him when you’re out, think about how great it will feel when you get home to a happy dog who missed you. You don’t want to look back on your life together and remember feeling upset all the time.

LinznMilly, Twiggy, Sarah H and 6 others like this.
  4. Bugsys grandma

Bugsys grandma PetForums VIP

I completely agree with @McKenzie. We all love our dogs beyond belief, I think most of us on here are a little obsessed, and I'm sure we have all at some point thought, with great sadness and perhaps a few tears, about the day they will no longer be with us, but we mustn't let that become our total focus because we will then be spoiling the time we do have with them, and that time is very precious and special and needs to be enjoyed to the fullest.
    He is a lovely looking boy, and you are lucky to have each other.

Try to stop thinking about the sad stuff and start enjoying every minute you do have with your wonderful dog.
    Play games with him, take him on lovely exciting walks, and calm relaxing strolls, point out stuff for him to sniff at, do some training, talk to him about anything and everything, he may not understand all your words, but the sound of your voice is special to him.
    Just enjoy Davey now and spend your time and energy making his life the very best you can.

Good luck. :)

LinznMilly, Twiggy, niamh123 and 4 others like this.
  5. magpi

magpi PetForums Senior

Wise words were spoken to me by @DaisyBluebell on the oldie support when I joined the forum last year. We know our time with Suzie our cavalier is getting shorter but I was told not to grieve for her while she's still here. Just enjoy every moment I have with her, and it's so true. Enjoy your dog now. Don't fret over the future

6. flows

flows PetForums Newbie

On the contrary he makes me laugh every day and I have never been so happy as I am when I am with him. I can't see myself ever being happy without him that's the problem.
    I spoil him and give him every thing he needs and wants without question.

7. magpi

magpi PetForums Senior

As am I happy with Suzie. Live in the moment, as they do. Don't think of him not being here. Just enjoy him now

tabelmabel and Bugsys grandma like this.
  8. Beth78

Beth78 PetForums Member

He's a handsome chap. I love his name.
    Have you trained him to do anything cool/funny. That's always fun.
    I'm teaching mine to "sing a song" she's nearly got it, it's hilarious to see and hear.

magpi and niamh123 like this.
  9. flows

flows PetForums Newbie

He can do many amazing things. We recap every day :)

10. Bugsys grandma

Bugsys grandma PetForums VIP

I agree totally with @magpi, stop thinking so much about him not being here and enjoy him while he is.
    Don't let thoughts of what's going to happen in the future make you so sad now. As I said before, I'm sure we all have all had those feelings from time to time, we need to acknowledge these feelings and then put them away, we mustn't let them affect us on a day to day basis.
    I really don't want to speak out of turn, and sincerely do not want to offend you, but if you are feeling like this a lot, perhaps there is something else going on and maybe it would help you to talk to somebody about how you are feeling.
    I really hope you can get these feelings into perspective and stop feeling so sad so often.
    I wish you and the lovely Davey all the very best. :)

tabelmabel and magpi like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice