Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Daredevil Simba had a surprise for me this morning...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by egyptianreggae, May 12, 2014.

1. egyptianreggae

egyptianreggae PetForums VIP

http://[​IMG]

He sprang up to this height from a standing start! He made a few experimental attempts to walk along the top of the door frame, nearly came to grief when the door started moving, then sauntered delicately along the top of the door, when his back paws slipped ominously and his eyes widened in surprise. He was a very worried cat for a second or so, then regained his balance and finished by launching himself onto the sofa with a resounding thud. I was very impressed. What a brave little grey cat he is!

2. MollyMilo

MollyMilo PetForums VIP

Birthday surprise!!!! :yikes:

Hope you had fantastic birthday cuddles after that, I dread to think what Tiny has planned!! :laugh:

3. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

Ack!! That's quite a jump!

4. egyptianreggae

Tiny surpassed himself last night, I lay down to go to sleep, he immediately pounced on my feet, then spent the whole night miaowing loudly, chasing things, pulling toys out of my bag, tapping my hands with his paws, and for a grand finale, he threw up on the futon. I wouldn't expect anything less :thumbsup:

5. egyptianreggae

He is ordinarily very sedate, this sudden display of athleticism is quite unprecedented!

6. MollyMilo

MollyMilo PetForums VIP

Oh tiny!! :lol: :lol:

7. egyptianreggae

He's a bit unsettled at the moment, we're all staying with my friend Emma, and although he's used to staying there while I go on holiday, he knows something odd is happening this time and he doesn't like it at all. I didn't sleep more than 20 minutes at a time last night, he was miaowing non-stop, like, "Why are you here? Why are we here? Why isn't there any biscuits? Why are there so many bags? When is it time for breakfast?"

8. MollyMilo

MollyMilo PetForums VIP

Aww bless him! He likes his routine.

Oooh the big move must be soon then! :thumbsup:

9. Polski

Polski PetForums VIP

Start praying that he didn't get too much of a taste for it.

Floss and Jasper both like the tops of doors to sleep on, jump straight up and then straddle it and go to sleep...both have fallen too deeply asleep and fallen off on several occasions, both have also been knocked off by my kids closing the doors without checking if one of the acrocats is on top! I now have a radiator bed slung over the most popular door (They both favour the top of the kitchen door...i think its due to the heat coming out of there and rising) so they can sleep high but with a little more stability.

10. oliviarussian

oliviarussian Meeoow!

He's working himself up to a Back salto dismount! :yikes: Clever boy Tiny :D

11. Sophiebee

Sophiebee PetForums VIP

Oh tiny! :eek: im sure they just like to scare us! i think loki read this thread while i wasnt looking, as he learnt a new trick today too, jumping up on top of my kitchen cabinets! I was confused as to hiw he got there from the worktop, then i caught him like this!

Attached Files:

12. tigerboo

tigerboo PetForums VIP

Olly does this to my fridge which is quite tall he will just on the door if it's open and just up to the fridge. I have also caught him on top of my wardrobe today which is quite tall and god knows how he gets on there. I knew I should of got a photo

13. Jannor

Jannor PetForums VIP

Ben does the door trick too - he's a NFC though so you expect them to jump really high. Its really disconcerting when you don't know he's there and push the door to open it and feel a weight!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice