Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Darcy and Ted Pet Portraits

Discussion in 'Dog Classifieds' started by Psygon, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Psygon

Psygon Yoshi Tonks! :-)

(note: this is a duplicate post, posted with staff member approval. The same post is also available in Cat Classifieds. I can create pretty much any pet as a portrait - dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, horses!)

I’ve been working on a website for a little while now to start selling pet portraits and I’m happy to say that it’s finally live :)
    www.darcyandted.com

My process for creating portraits is based on working with photos of your pets and turning them into a cross between a watercolour and a pencil drawing using digital tools. I’ve been refining and refining and refining my process for the last 6 months to finally get something I’m really happy with - and now I want to share it with the world :)

I know the pet portrait market is fairly large already, but I’m hoping I can make a small impression on it! :)

Some example portraits (there are a few more examples on my website too):

maine-coon-cat.jpg example-dog-2-small.jpg ragdoll-small.jpg example-dog-small copy.jpg darcy-ted-pencils-cute-small.jpg
    Pricing
    At the moment I’m offering either A4 or A3 portraits, unframed, on a really lovely heavyweight paper. The price for a A3 portrait is £50 and the price for an A4 portrait is £40. The price includes printing and standard shipping (express shipping is also available).

How does it work?
    If you’re interested in getting a pet portrait created then the first step is to find the photo you’d like me to work from. I can work from most photos but I do have a few tips:
    • Whatever is in the photo you send will be in your final portrait. I can’t remove things like collars or leashes or change the position your pet is facing. I will usually try to remove a background unless you ask us not to (if a picture is a little blurry or small it may make removing a background difficult. I will always explain what I think I can do with your photo before I start any work).
    • The bigger the photos the better - and by this I mean the resolution and file size. Photos on Facebook, Instagram or Pet Forums will generally be too small as they will have been compressed and resized.
    • Photos shot in good lighting work best. If a photo is too dark then I might not be able to pull out all of your pets features. Pictures taken in natural light tend to be perfect.
    • Don’t use filters or edit the photo in any way. As part of my process I will be editing your photo, getting the right light and tone so it’s best if you can send me unedited photos.
    Once you’ve picked your photo the next step is to talk to me. You can either send me a message here, via any of my social media channels (Instagram and Facebook) or by using the contact form on my website (www.darcyandted.com).

We can then chat about the photo you’d like me to use and I can give you an approximate timescale for how long it will take to create your portrait. If for any reason I think the portrait won’t work I’ll let you know before you spend any money.

If you agree to go ahead with ordering a portrait I will ask for a 10% deposit and then once I have finished work on it I will send you a proof. If you are happy with it you can pay the remainder of the balance and then I will get the portrait printed and sent to you.

If you made it all the way to the end of here - yay! Hopefully that means you’re interested in a portrait, so please get in touch with me through whichever method suits you best :) Or if you have questions please post below!

Beth / Darcy and Ted Pet Portraits
    www.darcyandted.com
    www.instagram.com/darcy.and.ted
    www.facebook.com/darcyandted

rona likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice