Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

DAP collar, any good??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jun 11, 2010.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Can anyone give me some decent reviews on a DAP collar please??

What age is the dog you use/d it on??

Breed??

Reason you used the collar??

Did/does it work??

How long before you started noticing a difference??

2. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Cant comment on the collar but the diffuser worked:D

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I had thought about the diffuser but its just Dixie I'm considering it for and I'd need to keep moving it or have about 3 of them Lol!
    Dave follows her lead so I rekon if she is more calm, he wont bark because he only bark if she does.

Just I think she is quite nervy, well she has been for a long time but especially since we moved because there is so many more noises she barks at people shutting car doors, house doors, loud cars going past, dogs barking (but not the one accross the road) people putting things in there wheelie bin if shes in the garden, people talking if she is in the garden OMG it drives me mad!!

Do you think it will help her??I got suggested a bark collar :mad: I dont want to punish her for being scare (if indoors when she barks she want to go into OH cupboard/office or her bed) we have tried ignoring her (removing her from us if thats where she is at the time) but it just isnt working.

4. dodigna

dodigna PetForums VIP

I would try the collar so it is with her the whole time, it did stop Ray's submission weeing and we used it when we traveled to Italy as there were several routine, home changes and he went through all blissfully, funnily enough when we took the collar off, he started weeing again. So it was def working for that.
    They do seem to be ineffective for some dogs, but you won't know til you try.

They say it takes one whole month to see any result so I would invest in two straight away hoping that the second collar in the second month (the last one month) will be showing some results, bonus if earlier. :)

5. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Teds the same with noises, drives me mad, anything sets him off in to his shakes, what really works for him is anxiety drops think its tflm on the box, but when it is firework time they really work for him, no drowsiness just calms him.

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

she scares the crap outa me sometimes, just lying there all quiet then suddenly barking at something I cant even here!

What are the anxiety drops? How often do you hav to give him them?

Times of the day shes more stressy is hometime for the kids and up until tea time if its dry as we have the window open and she can hear them.

Also, we have just had the cat flap fitted and it has stressed her I think, not used to it and she runs to it and chases the cats when they use it! And she keeps poking her head out of it like its her personal window :lol: annoys the hell out of Dave becuse his head is too big so he can only stick his nose out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice