Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dangerous plants

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by merothe, Jun 6, 2010.

1. merothe

merothe PetForums Senior

Hi,

I only have one floor plant which i had kept locked away from the kittens in the kitchen - a friend of mine's kittens kept using her floor plant as a toilet so I figured I would hide it until i was sure they were house trained. I know some plants are toxic to cats and I still had the care label with the plants name on it so i googled it - cycas revoluta Cycas revoluta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia basically it is highly poisonous :eek: straight in the bin.

My worry is that i have a few house plants but have no idea what any of them are called - is there a list of toxic plants with pictures? I have found this list of names CFA: Plants and Your Cat but it will take me AGES to google every toxic plant to check if it is one of mine...

or do i just bin them all - it seems a bit drastic but the description of the effects of the poison of the cycas has panicked me a bit :frown:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice