Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dangerous parking

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rona, Jun 28, 2009.

1. rona

rona Guest

Took my boy for a walk quite late last night to avoid the heat.
    When i came back, I turned into the cul-de-sac where i live and couldn't believe some of the stupid parking.
    Yes ok, I could get through and probably an ambulance but if anyone had needed a fire engine, they would have had to wait while the fire men moved a few vehicles.
    I find this so selfish and thoughtless.
    How would they feel if it was their families put at risk because someone couldn't park more than a few feet from their front door :(

2. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Talking of annoying neighbours ..... where we live its so quiet you can usually hear a pin drop, but 11pm last night one of the neighbours dog started barking non stop for half an hour and of course it sounded 100 times worse cos it was up at the open front window ...

anyway I wrote a "polite" note stating that her dog barks constantly when left alone ... only to my utter disbelief that the woman was home!! I said to her cant you hear that ? she said it doesnt bother me! I told her she had no respect for any of the neighbours and she just let him bark and bark for no reason! She said "stop" and he shut up! Why didnt she do this half an hour ago????

I just cant believe this woman was home letting him go on and on! I wonder how some peoples minds work .....

I know the dog is question always barks during the day when it sees people outside so normally cross the road to avoid it but to do it late at night?? Grrrrrrr

Sorry for the essay! lol

3. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I know exactly how you feel Rona, I live in a small culdesac too and my neighbour parks his car on the road, when there's a drive there not being used, well his motorbike is on it, i'd rather he had his car on the drive and his motorbike on the road as it doesn't take as much space up.
    x

4. Opheliac

Opheliac PetForums Member

We get people parking across the bottom of our drive, it's quite a long one aswell, so if we ever needed an ambulance they'd have to run up the drive to get to our house. The lack of consideration people have really annoys me!! :mad:

5. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

My street is very thin and everyone tends to park so that you have to zig zag around the cars (I park on my drive). I am so angry because someone set a car on fire a few metres from my house a few months ago and the fire engine had to wait for everyone to move their cars :mad:

6. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

My neighbour across the road from me does the same thing. She has a King charles cavalier and he barks at nothing. Just barks for the sake of it. The worst part is her front door is wide open and he stands in the front garden barking at his loudest whilst my OH is trying to sleep (he works nights and our bedroom faces the front).

I went round there earlier to tell her to have some respect. :mad:

kittykat likes this.
  7. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Good for you! Apparently none of the neighbours have ever complained but us and we have only lived here for 3 months :eek: lol

I really dont understand some people ....

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Is this neighbour the one who thinks he/she owns the street? That's probably why no-one has complained :p My next door neighbour (part of the OHs step family) is one of those. Well, she was until I moved in. I've lived next door to drug dealers and a family of thugs, what's a woman with a loud voice and no job going to do to me? :D

9. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

What i hate is those that park half on the footpath, and half on the road.

Ive had to involve the police as down one bit of footpath im forced to walk in the sodding road.

10. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

LOL

No this is another one, a rather "well to do mature lady" across the road! I could see the curtains twitchin last night as we were havin a set to! me in my PJ's! haha

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

A snob. Say no more :p

I have a curtain twitcher too, opposite me (my street, very Keeing up with the Joneses :rolleyes:), except she will blatantly stare at you. Me and the OH once forgot to close our curtains one time and she got an eyeful :blushing:

kittykat likes this.
  12. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

They do this in my street too, I never realised you could involve the police (makes sense now that I think about it though)

13. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I think its illegal to park on a footpath, same as its illegal to park over a dropped pavement.

As i have to often push someone in a wheelchair, these things pee me off no end, as im often forced to push them in the road, and its hard work getting a wheelchair on and off a high curb.

14. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

:eek: haha ... you get a blobby for that one!

Edit: Will owe you one as it told me I cant :( LOL

15. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I don't blame you, some people have no respect :mad:

Haha thanks! :D I was embarrassed but the OH was laughing his head off :rolleyes: As soon as the woman knew that we had seen her she 'went to stay with her daughter for a few days' pmsl

16. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I have to admit, i do let the boys have a wee on the wheels when people park like that. Sometimes i cant even walk past sideways, they literally have all 4 wheels on the pavement.

The area i have a problem with all have parking spaces they never use, as they are too lazy, or inept to do a bit of reversing.

17. Kinski

Kinski PetForums VIP

I've scratched a car in the past for being parked like that, no way am I going to walk on the road for idiots like that. Scratching the car wasn't my best one though, years ago I was trying to cross our road ( busy main road ) I was standing in the gutter with Ailsa (my first dog) waiting for a break in the traffic, along comes white van man and I'm forced to jump back on the pavement so he could park. I had words with him but he was so pig ignorant he wouldn't listen he reckoned he had the right of way. Anyway, a few weeks later I see the same van parked around the corner and I just so happened to have a bag of poo on me, his van was one of these where you have to put your hand inside the handle to open the door :D, you want to guess the rest or will I tell you. Pity I wasn't there to see him get in his van the next morning, teach the git to mess with me.

Terri

Nonnie and sequeena like this.
  18. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Hahaha pure class! You're getting some rep for that, you sound like my kind of woman :D

19. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

From me too. Plus im trying that next time.

20. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I'll have to keep it in mind for next door's father. He almost ran Candy over with his taxi :mad:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice