Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Danger of pinning a dog down!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Natik, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

Today i witnessed how dangerous and unpredictable pinning down a dog can be and will most likely be...... it was scary to watch and i hope that those who use this imo very unprofessional way of controlling a dog have a think about it if the risk of getting seriously injured is worth it!!!!

Two dogs... on the lead (i still dare to think what would have happened if they would be off the lead :eek:hmy: )

One of the dogs started showing aggression towards another dog, i look around and see the owner wrestling with its dog on the ground for about 2 mins, as the dog refused to be grabbed hold off, until the owner managed to grab hold of its neck and pinn it down on the ground for several minutes. The dog pinned down stopped moving eventually BUT now this pinning down triggered the other dog (from the same housohld) in a very aggressive way showing high aggression towards the owner which was busy pinning the other dog to the floor. It wanted basicelly go for the man and luckily it was on lead held by the mans partner.

This was a very dangerous situation and could have quite easily escalated in something alot worse so please BEWARE that pinning a dog down IS VERY DANGEROUS and can result in u or people around u being bitten and injured very badly.

I seriously hope this opens the eyes of some owners out there which use this technique without putting any thought of the high consequences behind it!!!!!

sequeena and Luvdogs like this.
  2. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Have to say say if my oh did that to one of mine i'd let the other one go and serve's his:mad:.

3. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

the problem is so many people watch that bloke and copy his methods. I am continually being told to do daft things with my dogs by friends that have watched him.

4. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

watch what bloke >.<
    do you all go to the same park or something lol?

5. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

And thats the danger...even though they put a warning on tv... showing those techniques with always an happy result at the end of the show people seem to overlook that there is far more to it then pinn down and happy ending :(

6. Badger's Mum

Even if you new what you were doing would you ever do it to your dog?

7. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

i wouldnt, no, because as someone who knew what i was doing i would know that this can trigger a very unpredictable consequnece at the time or maybe one day in future.

8. Badger's Mum

Nor would i.:D. And what you saw today show's it's not just the dog being pinned down that can be affected:mad:

9. I have always been of the belief that anyone that feels the need to pin a dog down is not fit to own a dog! I would grab and hold by the neck , my own dogs only!! and only if te situation /circumstances allowed!! but thats as far as I would go! and to those who say that the mother dog pins the littler down - all I can say is WATCH!!!
    DT

10. Luvdogs

Luvdogs PetForums VIP

Agree, i have seen dog owners pin their dog down to the ground, basically they are bullies.... copying another bully :mad:

11. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

...the owners didnt even react surprised or shocked by the other dogs behaviour.... :(

12. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

lol ignored.
    no reps for yous.

13. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Excellent Post Nat!

I totally agree with you and I am also concerned about this. I have said one day someone WILL get seriously injured by pinning a dog when there is absolutely no need for for it.

It will happen it's just a matter of time.

14. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

Cesar millan :D ;)

15. Badger's Mum

Bet it has we just don't get to hear about it

16. Rachh

Rachh PetForums Senior

oh i like his dog daddy. ;D thats about it.

17. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Very possible.
    I think it's really sad that dog owners think they have no other choice than to copy this idiot on the TV.

18. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

There was certainly no need for it...the dog clearly got even more distressed by being forced to the ground after being fought for a couple of minutes on the floor. The guy was basiclly on top of the dog trying to grab hold of it :(

19. Badger's Mum

I'm afaid if i ever felt i had to do that too mine I'd no i'd failed them :mad: And for there sake would hand them over to some one :rolleyes:. But that will never happen, we've gained respect for each other no room here for bully's:)

20. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

What a prat! Would have served him right if he had of been bitten!
    Honestly I really do give up with some folks,they shouldn't own a goldfish never mind a dog!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice