Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Damn time of the month clumsiness

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by KalokiMallow, Apr 11, 2011.

1. KalokiMallow

KalokiMallow PetForums Member

I always get clumsy when I'm due, but this month I have surpassed myself!

Earlier today my husband and I were sorting out stuff in the stairwell, which included a roll of chicken wire that we use for Rattie Fort Knox, when Archie started whining upstairs (we'd had to lock him in the bedroom), so husband went upstairs to see what was up and I decided to move the chicken wire. However in the process I managed to catch my toe on it

(Handy hint - do not handle chicken wire while bare foot)

At first I thought I'd just scratched it, that is until I looked down and saw a puddle - I kid you not - of blood pooling around my foot. So I call up the stairs for husband to grab me a tissue, trying to remain brave I possibly didn't convey the urgency of my request. Archie was still whining so husband thought he'd sort him out first. So I asked a second time, "A tissue would be really good please?" Again - not exactly conveying my thoughts of "oh dear god how much blood!?!?!"

Eventually husband gets a tissue and as he walks down the stairs asking if I was ok, it was as he came round the corner and looked down that I said, "well.. been better" and he spotted the puddle.

We get my foot cleaned, disinfected and wrapped up. Surely nothing else can go wrong? I offer to open a tin of paint, pry the lid of with as pair of scissors.. you guessed it, straight into my thumb. Gouging a nice big hole, so I hobble off back to retrieve the TCP for the second time.

By this time Archie needs walking so we head off to the park, I'm hobbling along when all of a sudden, walking downhill, I slip and fall (seemingly in slow motion) then slide less than gracefully down the path on one knee.

I'm not moving now!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets this stupidly clumsy?

2. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

i shouldn't laugh but that really did make me chuckle :lol:

sadly for my OH i just get really really ratty and horrid, he tends to stay out my way as much as possible :eek:

3. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Awww you poor thing
    Both mum and I suffer that
    Well I should say I suffered it, I now have the implant and dont get p's at all :001_smile:

4. KalokiMallow

bexy I've been laughing at myself all day! Laugh away :D

Husband is on the phone to his friend telling him about the day, and now they are both laughing at me!

5. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Oh you poor thing!!! :blink:

They say things happen in three's so I think you're done now - well....... I HOPE you are!!!!

I hope OH is now giving you lots of TLC. Or is he like mine - I broke my ankle, was hobbling around on crutches and he still expected me to cook the bl**dy dinner!!! :eek:

6. KalokiMallow

My OH is a real sweetheart, he's definitely been looking after me - in between laughter anyway

7. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

:lol: you poor thing :lol: :lol:

My OH is exactly the same! I was off work ill for a couple of days earlier in the year, he was at work and sent me a text .. 'have you tidyed the room up yet?' i was gobsmacked!

8. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

I hate it...I trip, slip, fall, drop stuff, absolute useless!!

I work in accounts, if there is something that does not balance, I go back to my PMT time, and yep, 9/10, sure enough there will be the mistake a transversed number or misposting, I double check so much at that time,,, Rubbish:eek:

9. DaisytheTT

DaisytheTT PetForums Senior

Oh you poor thing. Sorry but it did make me giggle though!

Hope you are feeling better today, but I would, just to be on the safe side, spend the day on the sofa and keep all sharp object in the drawer ;)

10. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

Awwww poor you it made me giggle a little sorry but I think your brave though if I cut my foot and sow blood o would likely hit the deck like once when I cut my finger fainted at the top of the stairs and bang my he'd at the bottom of it On the lawn mower lol

#10 katie200, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  11. KalokiMallow

Ouch!! That sounds really painful!
    Normally I get dizzy and throw up - so was quite glad I didn't this time :eek:

Bloody hurts today though

12. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

Awwww i bet it hurts(((((( hugs ))))))I cant do blood :eek: Yeah it was at the time lol for a little cut I ended up with a good headack lol

13. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Poor you hope your okay :( yes im same at time of month clumsy and forgetfull :confused:

14. Mr Gizmo

Mr Gizmo Body of a Buddah.

Whats wrong with that:confused:,you can still use your hands and stand up.

Sorry,not funny:nono:,hope your okay.:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice