Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dalmatians

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by carol, Nov 3, 2007.

1. carol

carol PetForums VIP

im a dally person ive shown and breed for quite few years now
    and have a litter at the mo

and just had a puppy mad mo having a quick play while trying to clean them out so much fun :)

freya's a really good mum and her first ever litter

2. plumo72

plumo72 PetForums VIP

What lovely babies :)

3. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

Very nice pups!

4. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

what a lovely sweet looking litter.

i remember the cleaning out times, ahhhh and the mornings was chaos lol, lil pups clinging on ya toes, pj's and anything else they could get their lil pegs into and all we wanna do is clean up hehehe. :D

mind you i had to hand rear 9 of mine and believe me when the time came for weaning i was very relieved ( more sleep at last ) lol.

a big wd for mum on a lovely litter x x and being a good mum.

5. carol

carol PetForums VIP

my god glad i didnt have to hand rear any of my litter sounds a nightmare
    weaning is so good more like swimming leasons or let see who can get more food all over themself's,

thanks
    the're sweet and very good markings on them as well trouble is like all my litters i had i want to keep them all

6. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

lol i know the feeling, so did i want to keep em all but the thing is... we cant lol.

do you get your litters b.a.e.r tested? coz i know dalmations can suffer with deafness cant they

i only had to hand rear because its the best thing when you own a english bull coz 9 out 0f 10 bt's make aukward mums, its not that they are bad mums, i didnt take the chance and leave my pups with beryl ( mum ) coz she was pretty aukward even tho she did love them so i took babys away and took them back every 1 hour morning noon and night for the first week and a half and then every 2 hours on the 2nd week, i was told by the vets to wean them when they was 2 and a half weeks coz they was so greedy so weaning early helped coz by the 3rd week i could get a good nights sleep in most times lol.

7. carol

carol PetForums VIP

yes they do
    I always get the pups baer tested is the most important thing with white dogs, infact any white born animal.
    i phone a few days after there born to make sure i get a good time and date but its a nice trip up to kenford
    bull terriets suffer from that last time i was up there i felt sorry for a young couple they took 2 white bull t's in and both were deaf the lady was crying until i told her training them with hand sign's and they can be happy dog's

8. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

so very true :).
    the thing is, top breeders that breed bull terriers have the deaf ones put to sleep, i know its to try stop the trait continuing maybe but i myself couldnt do this.
    il'd give them to a bully wealfare and that way at least you know they make sure their spayed/nutted and sent to perfect homes under a return back policy if the owners can no longer keep them.

how can any1 rear lil babys and then just have them put down because their deaf :( i'ld be to attached after getting to know their lil personalitys and looking at their lil faces everyday and watching them grow, no way in hell could i have mine put down omg no.

i understand why breeders want to do this but there is other ways then that.

take me for instance lol i got myself a deafy lol. shes brill, just take one look at my babys lil mug in my picture hehe how can anyone put her down because shes deaf ?

ps.. great to know there is breeders out there that do things properly :) like yourself x

9. bullyb

bullyb PetForums VIP

the pups are great!!:D

10. jo-ann

jo-ann PetForums Junior

thay are so sweet i just love puppys

11. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

me to, the most i love about puppys is their puppy breath, omg thats so yummehh lol.
    everytime mine used to yawn i was like straight up to their mouths sniffing their breath lmao, am i weird? haha

12. carol

carol PetForums VIP

oh i quite agree with you theres no need to put the dog down because its deaf
    with time and love you can easy train them

well its the same thing as years ago a dally with heavy spots would have been put to sleep by some breeders no good for showing

but i think tere lovely like my sprinks under his belly is nearly all black his got so meny spot's

13. SPOTS11

SPOTS11 PetForums Newbie

They look absolutely gorgeous - ahhhhhhhhh - takes me back when we had our litter of 8 dals - hard work, mum had a c-section so we helped all the way with cleaning, nursing, feeding, not sleeping - in fact the first was born on our bed and were delivered by my husband and son (11 yr old - they both did a fantastic job helping Mum, I was away on a girls night out!) but I loved 'em all - kept 2 now have 4 - a little hard work (!!!!!!!) but worth it! Gorgeous ..........

14. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

wow, put them to sleep coz of spots, thats mad.
    i know some top breeders who own champion dogs and they have told me u have to be hardy in that sort of buisness to save bad traits being handed down to dogs that they have worked so hard on to better.
    i can understand that but as i said be4, there is other ways then murdering an innocent pup coz it has a fault.
    at the end of the day as long as they aint aggressive i think they have a right to be loved by a family, as long as the breeder is carefull where they place that pup and give it to some1 along with restrictions or give it to a wealfare.

omg if i only had the room and money ild be like a blooming dogs home lol, ild take em all, deaf,blind,3 legs or what ever, ild have em all lol.

15. dogsdinner

dogsdinner PetForums Junior

Sorry, but IMO you are completely wrong on this. Look at the Animal Health Trust website and look into the research done on this subject, before you decide whether it's a good thing or not to PTS deaf dalmatian puppies.
    Incidentally, if you are a member of any of the UK Dalmatian clubs and do not PTS a deaf puppy, you are in breach of the Code of Conduct as they have all studied the evidence and agree that it is totally irresponsible to keep them. As for spotting and patched puppies, that element went out years ago.
    If that happened in nature, the puppy would soon be picked off by preditors. Survival of the fittest is there for a reason and Dalmatian rescue organisations have enough on their plates rehoming perfectly sound dogs without unenlightened "breeders" making the situation even worse.

16. carol

carol PetForums VIP

oh yes like when i had a couple of patches in a litter few years back the didnt get reg and the new owners had them castrated which they did as i went to check and would be the same if ever i had a deaf one but then i would keep it

in all my litters i have ever only had 4 patches all been done and never any deaf one's
    or part deaf

unlike some breeders if a pup has a chance of a good happy life as well.
    you would not put a child to sleep if it had something wrong with it so why should you a pup

17. carol

carol PetForums VIP

i totally agree with you loe
    unlike some

18. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

I know a Bulldog breeder and one of the pups had a very bad reaction to its vaccinations.
    Its tongue hung out of his mouth all the time, bless it could not hold it in for long.
    This Bulldog was kept as a pet by the breeder, they had to put its food in its mouth for it and keep the tonge wet for it.
    This dog lived to a good age and was full of fun and had a great character, when it past away of old age I saw the breeder cry, :(:(

19. carol

carol PetForums VIP

thats nice some would have put it to sleep
    like my litma when was puppy after he drank from mum milk would come out of his nose turns out he had mega ophagus [thinks that how to spell]
    i kept him his fine not as big as the other boys and have to raise his food but i do anyway to them all

20. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

ty for agreeing carol :)

dogsdinner...its only irrisponsable to not put a faulted puppy to sleep if you give it to just anyone where there is a chance they will breed for it just for easy money, if you make sure that pup/pups are place into the right home with restrictions to get that faulted dog/s nutted/spayed then i don't see why they have to be put to sleep coz the trait then wont be handed on and on.

i'm not a member of the bull terrier club simply because of putting down deaf bullys and it would be the same if i owned dallys, as i said be4 i do understand why they want to pts a faulted pup but if its spayed/nutted then i really cannot see the problem in that pup being able to live a happy life with a family.

look at my babys face in my pictures and then tell me they don't have the right to live.
    i think the bull terrier club should lift that destoying deaf dogs and make it that u have to neauter them instead.
    that way the traits cant be handed down and the dog gets to live just like my ethel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice