Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dally classes

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by carol, Feb 27, 2008.

1. carol

carol PetForums VIP

zak will be 6 months in april
    been looking around for dally classes do you think i can find any, i found 1 show with dalmatians in.

going to take him first to some fun companion shows as well if can find any nearby.

2. dogsdinner

dogsdinner PetForums Junior

Does the uk kennel club hold a list of shows? I only say as our KC do this every year so we can plan where we are going. Being under FCI now in ireland there are dallies sheduled at every show under our group along with beagles and bassets, even though there are not many here. When I lived in the UK there used to be plenty of classes at most Opens but as numbers went down in some areas they dropped the breed. There are still plenty at Newark/Notts around the midlands and north they still seem to be popular and catered for. I only know by speaking to my breeder who is in Lancs. if you are a member of any of the UK breed clubs they may be able to help as there would be members in your area.

3. carol

carol PetForums VIP

ok at champ shows but i want open show before he goes to a champ so he can see what its like
    yeah they have all the champs shows down i know them
    and so far only found 1 in may in ardingly

4. dogsdinner

can your breeder help? do they show? I used to look in dog world every week too, they always advertise shows of all types every week. Ringcraft can be good too, they sometimes have schedules

5. carol

carol PetForums VIP

i am the breeder lol and go there too

6. carol

carol PetForums VIP

and get the dogs world
    there just not meny open shows about that have dallies
    if have they are hundreds of miles away

7. dogsdinner

Do you know about this one
    http://www.fossedata.co.uk/downloads/pdf/BDCA_MAY_08_Schedule.pdf
    3 dally classes, thats at Ryton on dunsmore very popular venue and good roads up to there, I used to go to Wood Green Animal shelter a lot for Opens thats just up the A1, there are some more on the Fosse data website you could always go in AVNSC Utility if you dont want to travel for breed classes there's one in Ipswich that has that but you need to enter by this Friday (you can do it online).
    Hope that helps. I have between an hour and a half and four hours travelling to get to Opens and the roads over here are'nt great :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice