Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Daft pleco

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by danielled, Jan 9, 2019.

1. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

Just fed the pleco and one of the wafers somehow stuck on my finger so the pleco decided to jump up and got my finger, I didn’t expect him or her to be able to get my finger in it’s mouth like that. I said pleco spit that out please, the plec soon realised. Did get the wafer off my finger though and no my finger wasn’t in the water, it only ended up in a pleco’s mouth but didn’t hurt. That’s a first. The little chap is now happily eating the food. Not thought of a name yet.

Lurcherlad, NaomiM and kittih like this.
  2. NaomiM

NaomiM PetForums VIP

Sounds like his name should be Fish Finger ;)

Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

Lol good one. Pleco is one happy little pleco. Cheeky too. Little fatty zebra danio came to see what was going on. That danio isn’t showing signs of distress or anything, just eating more.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  4. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Hope he hasn’t now got the taste for your fingers! ;)

When I put my hand in the pond for any reason the goldfish always come and gather round it for some reason.

5. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

Only sucked on it but soon let go. A little hungry I think. At least it got the algea wafer off my finger. When I had a pond in the garden when the fish knew it was feeding time the all came over to me. Then I had to rehome the fish. Pond was leaking so then the heron was getting the fish apart from one time when Buddy saw the heron off.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  6. NaomiM

NaomiM PetForums VIP

The worst fish I've had for nibbling fingers are my odessa barbs. Whenever I put my hand in the tank it's like one of those garra rufa spa things. I've never known such greedy fish - I've had real trouble finding tankmates that they don't try to eat!

7. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

I’ve been trying to get a pic off the pleco but just swims off under the bridge of rocks as it loves hiding under there. The wost nibblers in my tank are the zebra danios, you saw the guppies ta,es, danios had nipped them. I won’t have more guppies til the zebra danios are gone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice