UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, new to forum :)

For those that buy the chunks from DAF do they ALL come in cubes?
I have bought the beef chunks but looking to buy tripe, kidney etc.
If they are in chunks I have a plan to package individually and pack them like building blocks into freezer:001_tt2:
Also
The big bag of 15kg bones? good, bad? mostly edible? Any photos??

Thanks all :)

Claire

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Welcome to the forum Claire.

I've just had a delivery of DAF products from Raw2Paw this morning.

Tripe chunks and Salmon chunks (standard tennis ball for comparison):

Salmon chunks weigh between 89 grams and 244 grams.

Tripe chunks weigh between 81 grams and 283 grams.

Sorry, no info on bones but there are other raw feeders who have had them. There's a recent thread My Raw Order where some members have put photos of their recent orders, you might find what you're looking for on there..

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I get the liver and kidney chunks, and they are similar blocks to the ones posted above.

I got the bones once, but my dog refused to eat them :rolleyes: I got lamb necks in my recent order, and my pup loves them. He doesn't eat the bone often though, just gets the meat off and then chews it. Occasionally he will eat the bone, but not often.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I normally buy the minced oily fish but the chunks of salmon would suit my lab better- wonder if it's more expensive...will need to do some sums!

Thanks again:)

Typical, can't see salmon chunks on DAF anymore!

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I normally buy the minced oily fish but the chunks of salmon would suit my lab better- wonder if it's more expensive...will need to do some sums!

Thanks again:)

Typical, can't see salmon chunks on DAF anymore!
I got my order from Raw2Paw and the salmon chunks were £5 for 2kg, the minced oily fish is 80p for 454g. Salmon chunks are more expensive at the equivalent of £2.50 per kg, the minced oily fish would be slightly more than 2 x 80p so approx £1.80 per kg.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do you get notifications via email when someone has replied?
I keep missing things :001_unsure:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got my order from Raw2Paw and the salmon chunks were £5 for 2kg, the minced oily fish is 80p for 454g. Salmon chunks are more expensive at the equivalent of £2.50 per kg, the minced oily fish would be slightly more than 2 x 80p so approx £1.80 per kg.
Just contacted DAF- I buy direct from them to ask where the salmon chunks have gone!

Thanks for working that out- very helpful :)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The liver chunks are sometimes quite big. The kidney chunks have previously been kidney shaped then my last order have been square lumps.
The trip and beef are in squares.
Iv ordered the big bag of bones this month but not tried them yet, but look very good :)

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
My last order, before this one from DAF, the beef chunks came like slabs, it was very awkward as then I had to cut them up and I wasn't very pleased with it. However they came in their usual square shape this time around.

I've had a bag of big bones, some were completely edible, some the dogs just ate all the meat off of and then leave them in the doorways for me to trip over when I come in off my night shift.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.