Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

cystitis?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Lilylass, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

Oh dear:( Maisie has been at mums for the past week & mum said shed had to get up one night as M wanted a wee (not like her - she sometimes doesn't go out at bedtime so its been since maybe 7pm walk to am before she's gone:yikes:)

Anyway after that she was apparently OK ..... so I have her back & she wanted out last night ..... & tried to go for at least 30 wee s this morning walk .... thought mmmmmm

Came home at lunch & she was bursting (again not like her as she often doesn't even go when I come home to let her out) & wet - poor mite

Just managed to get a sample (takeaway tub;)) and we are off to the vet in a min ...... hope its not too serious :(

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

It sounds like a urinary tract infection, needing to go more both in quantity and frequency and losing a certain amount of control is pretty classic. Usually a course of antibiotics sorts it out quickly.

3. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

Spot on!

Glad I managed to get the sample as it def helps to be able to have them tested there & then rather than having to go back (as they will inevitably want one!)

She's had an anti-biotic jab & also an anti-inflamatory & has some tablets for over the weekend

Temp is normal and ......

Some good news .......

She's lost 1.5 kg!:) since her last weigh in - we'd not made much progress (0.5kg in around 3 months :eek:) so totally changed her diet and it's obviously working!

She's only 0.5kg off what I'd like to be her max weight - ideally I'd like another 2kg off her but at least we're making progress now! :)

4. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Great news about her weight loss, and glad it is just a UTI I shouldn't take too long before the ABs work especially as they have given her an injection it starts to work quicker that way.

5. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

She's looking much happier already (although she's one of these really stoic dogs that doesn't really let you know there's anything wrong until it's really wrong IYKWIM!)

She didn't need out overnight - and did her usual & not go at bedtime :rolleyes5: BUT I'm shattered as I was so worried she'd want out & I wouldn't wake up that I didn't sleep :eek:

Think it'll be a bit of a lazy day for both of us :) - will pop over to the beach a bit later and have a short walk (around 1/2 an hour for that one!) as want to keep her quiet if poss!

Vet did mention that they're getting in loads of dogs in with all sorts of bugs just now :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice