Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cute dog clothes

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by pamperedpooch175, Aug 10, 2009.

1. pamperedpooch175

Hi all I found this cool web site for dog clothes and accessories for all your pampered pets out there

#1 pamperedpooch175, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
  2. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

O.M.G Noooooooo i hate dogs clothes.

3. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

Welcome to the forum! :D

I won't say what I think of fashion dog clothes because it's your first post!! (but it's not favourable!);)

4. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Hello and Welcome

Sorry I don't like dog clothes, they've got fur coat that's all they need, expect raincoat when it's raining.

5. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Welcome to the forum - but I can't be doing with dressing dogs up like dolls. These 'clothes' aren't as bad as some I've seen, but I dislike the principle. And why does the site bang on so much about 'designer' this and 'designer' that? Exactly what dog products weren't designed by somebody? Are there some that arose spontaneously by some horrific conglomeration of molecules?

6. emilylp

emilylp PetForums VIP

nooooooooo

7. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

The only time ive bought a doggy t-shirt, was when Oscar had his leg off, and i needed to keep his compression bandage clean.

He had two, one saying "biker dog" and a camo one. Once he stopped needing a dressing, then they were stored away. Were handy at the time though.

Just dont agree with dressing dogs up for fun.

8. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Oscar needs one when its raining sometimes and in cold weather... He's getting on a bit now bless him...
    I do get funny looks though and snide comments... :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum btw...

9. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

My baldies wear t-shirts! :D:D:D:D Bad me i should know better!!

But i dont agree with these stupied out fits that have been made for dogs or owners dressing there dogs up for no reason!

10. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

Lol!! Your cuties need them! Most of the doggie outfits are for fun and the owners sake rather than the dog :(
    I am totally against any dog clothes unless they are for a good reason. Like DD and Nonnie have said. Or for other breeds i.e the whippet etc Or even extremely bad weather.
    If people want to dress things up i suggest a Barbie doll or doll of any sort!

Welcome to pet forums though. :)

11. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

it isnt just clothes on this site i actually liked the collars and dog bowl, did no one else notice?

12. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

I have to say, my dog (who died 3 months ago:-( ) lived inside and in winter going out into the cold often wet weather was a bit of a shock to the system, and he would often end up with an upset tummy. A dog coat (or rain coat when it was raining) did the trick and sorted out this problem. Just wanted to say it's not necessarily about fashion at all.

13. BigBearsRule

BigBearsRule PetForums Senior

Im sorry but agree with most of the previous posters.
    Dogs in clothes is a big no no for me, as are dogs in fashionable doggy carry bags. They have fur and legs let them be dogs not dolls

14. 2Hounds

2Hounds PetForums VIP

Welcome to the forum :D Some nice things on the site.

I don't really mind dog clothes, perhaps that because i have a greyhounds and use fleece or a rain coat when needed. If your going to put something on to keep them warm why not go for something you like rather than a traditional styled coat as long as its comfy & does the job as well. Not so keen on idea of dressing up the dog everyday and carting it about in a handbag tho.

15. pamperedpooch175

Hi thanks all for the kind welcomes.Personally I like the site and as one of the other replies stated it does have some lovely accessories on there like beds, bowls, toys etc. I have a weimaraner and he loves his rain jacket (but his is more like a horse blanket I have to say). I guess it is each to there own. Every dog is an individual and some of those tiny pampered dogs love being treated as such!! My dog may not wear the kinds of clothes they sell on there but he is definitely the baby in our house and pampered!

16. lerbo

lerbo PetForums Junior

I cringe at the sparkly, diamond studded rubbish some shops sell ! Vile.
    Only if necessary should a dog wear clothes.....otherwise it's the owners who think it looks cool to dress their dogs in fake burberry..... vile!:)

17. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

I'd like to know how you can tell he loves it :confused:

18. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

And for the record I detest dog clothes other than functional raincoats and the boots to cover injured paws.

If I wanted something to dress up I'd get a teddy bear.

19. Alfonz

Alfonz PetForums Newbie

As a newbie, I think some of the responses to this thread have been a bit harsh. Personally I'm not a lover of non practical dog clothes, but not because I think they harm the dog, I can just think of better things to spend my well earned money on.

As the author of the thread said " each to their own "

Give me a dressed dog who is happy - rather than a show dog that is drilled to perfection to perform like a bear in the zoo, just to make their owner feel like a winner :cursing:

Food for thought.

20. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

They tell you that? :p
    A dog is an animal, they have no need for clothes, they don't "love" them they don't know what they are. They already have coats, they are not human children, they do not need coats and little sparkly collars etc. They wanna be out in the muck enjoying themselves and playfighting with other dogs.
    Clothes can be disorientating for a dog. I hate them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice