Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cut/sore on my cat’s head?!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by tigermummy, Mar 24, 2019.

1. tigermummy

tigermummy PetForums Newbie

last night I noticed some blood on my cats head but couldn’t find the reason. This morning I can see there is a horrible sore/cut on his head! It looks really red! He is an indoor cat so can’t think how he could have scratched it like this. I called the vet hotline and am taking him in tomorrow (they said it wasn’t an emergency) but I am freaking out! Has anyone had anything similar to this? He seems happy enough, not in paid or anything, eating and drinking fine, but I can’t stop looking at the horrible wound!! Poor him

Attached Files:

2. sandy-cat

sandy-cat PetForums Senior

Have you got any Leucillin you can clean it with? Could it be a flea bite or something that became infected then formed an abscess which has burst? Any sharp edges he might have caught himself on? Poor boy, am sure the vet will get it sorted - might need an antibiotics jab I imagine.

3. tigermummy

tigermummy PetForums Newbie

Thanks!! No I don’t have that, hopefully I can get some at the vet tomorrow. Yes I’m sure he will be fine and the vet can help, just so alarming to see it!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice