Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cut / graze above eye

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Chimpman, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Chimpman

Chimpman PetForums Newbie

Hi all,

After a bit of rough and tumble with another dog my 7 month old puppy sustained a small cut / graze right on the edge of her eye. The problem I have is that she keeps scratching it or rubbing it on the carpet and keeps opening up the cut. Is there anything I can do (other than the lampshade collar thing) to stop her?

Thanks

2. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

It's difficult to say without seeing it - could you upload a pic?

If it's very small, I'd just keep clean with saline solution (rock salt dissolved in boiling water & left to cool) and maybe put the collar on if she won't leave it alone

You could try a little sudocrem if it's really itchy

But if it's annoying her that much it might be that there's something in it that's making it irritate her a lot?

3. Chimpman

Hi Lilylass, I have been keeping it clean with some cleansing solution that came from the vet from a previous ailment. Will give the sudocrem a go.

I don't have a collar, do you know where I can get one from?

Thanks

4. Lilylass

Lilylass PetForums VIP

Sorry, I thought from your post that you had one .....

Quickest place to get one would be the vet tomorrow - you can buy them online but you'd be looking at a few days before it arrives

5. max2001

max2001 PetForums Junior

Petsathome does themes well if you wanted to pick up one sooner

6. Chimpman

Tried salt water on it last night in the absence of sudacrem and a collar and it seems a lot better today. I will do this again tonight and hopefully it will heal on its own.
    If not I will go and get a collar tomorrow from pets at home. Thank you both for your replies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice