Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

cushion help.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by catz4m8z, Oct 16, 2013.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Im trying to find some decent cushions for my new day bed and could use some suggestions.
    Thing is as it has no support at all just a metal frame I really need something very solid and large. Was considering maybe a small beanbag type thingy or large floor cushion??
    So any ideas welcome really!! (only point is it must be as cheap as possible coz I have no money!!LOL:eek:).

2. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Have you thought of bolsters - ikea do some cheap ish ones - and you can often get them on eBay.

3. fierceabby

fierceabby PetForums VIP

How about ordinary pillows for a 'base layer' of cushioning to pad it out a bit? A pack of two are under £2.50 from Wilko's, then you'd need less 'dress' cushions on top? I have two big floor bean bags but they wouldn't be suitable as they are, as to get them firm enough to really pad, all the beans need to go down one end - so half of it's empty if you know what I mean?? Don't be tempted to take cushions in the wrong colour - material to recover can work out costing more than buying cheap cushions!! You'd be welcome to my two big bean bags but I wouldn't know how to get them to you - unless we know anyone on here travelling due south soon....? Maybe you could re-sew the covers to make smaller firmer versions of what they are now if you're crafty/have a machine??

4. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

Don't know if you have a Dunelm Mill or similar store near you but I bought memory foam mattresses for my daybeds and then lots of feather cushions of different sizes and made covers for them.

This is mine...I use them as sofa's in my lounge.

[​IMG]

5. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

That looks really pretty!:) Its almost identical to my daybed as well.
    I might have to invest in some decent feather cushions then. Although I was planning on buying a much thicker duvet for winter use... nice duvet cover, roll up in a tube. Hey presto!! instant bolster:D (then just unroll at beddy byes time!).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice