UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think Cuddles is having an off day today as she has been lying around all day sleeping and only getting up to eat and go to the toilet. I went near her earlier to stroke her and she growled at me. I think I should leave her alone.

I guess it doesn't help that she had the shock of her life earlier as the fire alarms went off all over the block of flats I live in and the fire brigade had to come out as it was saying that there was a fire on the 1st floor and we had to evacuate. It ended up as a false alarm as someone had knocked one of the fire buttons (At least we know the communal fire alarms work). I think Cuddles got a bit stressed out with the noise of the fire alarms and being put in her carry box and taken out in the freezing cold.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Bless her, I hope there's nothing else wrong. Make sure she is warm and cosy and maybe put on some soothing music for her? Then see if she starts to feel better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bless her, I hope there's nothing else wrong. Make sure she is warm and cosy and maybe put on some soothing music for her? Then see if she starts to feel better.
I am hoping nothing is wrong myself as she has been a bit quiet the last 2 days (Yesterday and today) and very much in a leave me alone mood, although she can't wait to wake me up in the morning (Her body clock hasn't adjusted to the 1 hour time change yet). The heating has been on today and she is currently laid on my coat fast asleep. I have checked her breathing and it is fine as it is a steady 23 breathes per minute. If she's like it tomorrow I'll call the B.C. and make an appointment with David the cardiologist.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just went to stroke her and she swiped at me and clawed my hand. Yes I am bleeding. I think she's upset with the fire alarm thing earlier as she does get stressed easy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've never known a cat like this. She was in a mood because she wanted a treat as she hasn't had one since Saturday. She's ok now, running around and playing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cuddles is back to the leave me alone mood now.

I know what you mean, cuddles is set in her own routine and if I upset it she gets the hump for 2 to 3 days :rolleyes:: I think this is what is up with her and she will be back to her mischievous ways tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.