Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

CSJ or Skinners??

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by sid&kira, Jun 5, 2010.

1. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

We're going to be putting Kira onto a dry food for a few months, until we get our own place (hoping to be out by christmas this year), as its easier on us and our housemates, they bitch and moan about us preparing it in their kitchen :rolleyes:

She's on Burgess Supadog atm as it was the best that P@H had :eek: But I want to put her on something better when this bag is finished, but I cant spend too much. I've looked at both CSJ champ and Skinners (the trial ones with rice)

What would you go for?? What one goes down best with fussy eaters? Kira picks at kibble

2. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Well,im a CSJ food fan,mainly as they helped me solve sooo many issues with my Ailsa.So ,we use the champ.Have used skinners in the past too,on my older dogs and although they were ok,they were better on csj.
    Why not ask for samples of both(ask for enough for a fews days' worth of food,as you have a fussy eater),and see what she prefers.:)

3. poppydog1

poppydog1 PetForums Member

I like csj for my dog too but have no supplier round here so have to pay postage on it so bumps price up a bit but i still think its good value.

4. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

I'm a Skinners fan, Novak's sensitive tum was put right onced I started him on the duck and rice. Also check out Arden Grange lamb and rice, it's actually only a few £ more at vetuk that skinners, get a 4 star thumbs up over at dogfoodanalysis.com.

PS. Just wante to say a big thansk for all t;he advice reguarding swapping to raw. The boys are doing great on their new raw diet :)

5. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Tried loads of stuff for Henrick but Skinners has by far been the best, hes put weight on with it (too skinny before) and his coat is so glossy and healthy, I would reccomend it to anyone wanting to dry feed.

6. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

I need something which will maintain a weight rather than making her gain any, she's a perfect weight atm. She's not overly active, but averagely active I guess :lol:

7. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

My two maintained their weight on Skinners.

8. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

He isnt still gaining weight but he couldnt reach the correct weight on anything else, he was on the Skinners for about a month when I started noticing that he looked and felt much better, now he seems to be staying at the desired weight :thumbup:.

9. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

I've just found the Hike On, for Working sled dogs, she is going out 3-4 times a week on short runs in the coller evenings, do you reckon this is eough 'work' to keep the weight off her, the ingredients are fine IMO, dont really like the look of the 'that'll do' one

10. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Hi,

Think I am playing catch up with your threads :thumbup:

Have answered ther one re Hike on and as mentioned there, my first choice budget food is Vitalin Adult Maintenance because it's cereal free.

I have no knowledge of CSJ. I think I dismissed it because of the cost of delivery and possibly the RDA (not sure).

I would definately recommend getting samples of the ones you are deciding between, especially if Kira can be fussy. That's what I did. Heidi can be fussy and she chose the sample I least thought she would go for. In that respect, I would definately get a sample of the Skinners salmon. Lots have found it good for fussy eaters and it's the one Heidi went for. Yet she wouldnt touch the P@H Salmon and potato puppy??

good luck. Shame you have to change but well done for trying to keep everyone happy.

11. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Lol everyones happy except me!!! :lol: I nearly cried when we went into P@H, I was getting rick to pull off all the bags within our price range so I could read through the ingredients and dismissing them after a second of looking at it :lol: :lol:

I dont mind the look of the skinners ones so I will get a sample of that aswell as the hike on :thumbup:

12. tasha15

tasha15 PetForums Member

hi i see youre in ipswich i am too and have just discovered they have the vitalin adult at seapets if you want to go for that they also do skinners up there too alot better range that pah

13. Broxi_jim

Broxi_jim PetForums Senior

CSJ fan here !!!
    And as for the deliverly costs..its great

I get two 15kg bags delivered to my door for £26.35 !!!
    So worth it..

And both our dogs are doing great on it !!! :thumbup::thumbup:

14. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

I'm a Skinners fan here :)

15. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

OOhhh thanks for that, do you know if they do CSJ? may have to talk OH into taking a trip up there with me so he can lug it back :thumbup: :lol:

edited to add... fancy a meet up?? lol

16. tasha15

tasha15 PetForums Member

no they do not do csj but i have found alot of fillers in that i think the vitalin adult is best i was thinking of changing but decided against

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice