Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Csa?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by malibu, Jan 14, 2012.

1. malibu

malibu Guest

Does anyone know how much you usually pay with CSA? My brother works part time and gets around 300.00 a month, and he has 3 children with his ex partner, she said that he would have to pay her 240.00 a month..is this right?

2. Autaven

Autaven PetForums Member

If you go onto the CSA website and input your brother's income and how many nights a week he sees his children etc then it will give you the exact amount he should be paying. There are different things which they look for to calculate the amount. Or have him call them up and set it up over the phone.
    I would also make sure that he pays the money either through the CSA or using a standing order through the bank which is set up specifically for the child maintenance. I know that my partner went through a lot of bother when his ex decided to tell them he hadn't been paying money when he had been giving her cash, so we quickly changed that straight away - and unless you have proof such as this it is difficult to prove!

#2 Autaven, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  3. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

My ex had to pay CSA. They knew how much income we had and went through the bills with us to determine just how much we had left over after everything was paid and what he had to pay his ex was based off that.

And as Autaven says, make sure it's paid in a way you can prove!

4. malibu

malibu Guest

I've just spoke to them and sort of queried it, and they said because he is on less then £100 a week, he would only have to pay £5 per week for the 3 kids x

5. ebonymagic

ebonymagic PetForums Senior

I can't remember exactly what it is, but its worked out on percentages. The 1st child is the most then each subsequent child is a smaller percentage. They work it out on the wages.

I can't see him having to pay 240 a month because that would leave him in poverty.

If you google CSA UK. It comes up with lots of info and also there is a calculator.

#5 ebonymagic, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  6. Mese

Mese PetForums VIP

Im sorry , I know he is your brother , but £5 a week for three children , thats disgusting

£5 goes nowhere these days

7. Autaven

Autaven PetForums Member

£5 a week obviously isn't going to go very far but then to be honest if he's only on £300 a month there's not much he can do other than contributing in other ways such as spending time with them, buying them school supplies when he can etc?

8. donna.n

donna.n PetForums Member

My hubby was paying his ex 300 a month for 2 kids but has now starting payin her direct as the csa weren't paying her every month. It was taken out of hubby wages as a deduction of earnings do we never saw it. I wudnt touch it with a barge pole.

I'm sorry your brother is goin through it, me and hubby know whats it like. I cudnt have my church wedding because of them.

9. malibu

malibu Guest

He actually will be giving her more, its the csa who said he only has to pay £5 a week due to low earnings. x

10. ginge2804

ginge2804 PetForums VIP

My mum went through something similar to this before, she was paying my dad because my brother lives with my dad, and the money was coming from my mums wages before she got them, but then it never got to my dad :/ she now just gives him a cheque every month...

11. Jayne31

Jayne31 PetForums VIP

Thanks to the wonderful CSA my partner and I are neck deep in debt.

He's always been more than happy to pay for his child. The CSA, bless them, set up two accounts in his name, one was always up to date the other in arrears and he was hounded. Then they took 80% of his take home pay 5 months in a row and not only would they not pay it back they didn't pass it all on to the ex. They said they would use it as a payment on account and use it in subsequent months to pay the ex.

Thankfully, we came to an arrangement with the ex and he pays by standing order each month, so the CSA are no longer involved.

I would see if your brother can come to some agreement with his ex, get a written agreement signed by both parties (doesn't have to be drawn up by a lawyer) and pay by standing order each month.

A friend of mine recently discovered (after sending an offical letter of complaint) that her ex's money for their child has been paid to the wrong person for the last 6 months and all she keeps being told by the CSA is that "they are looking into it"!!! She still hasn't had the money.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice