Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Crying....

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by LittleAlfie, May 24, 2010.

1. LittleAlfie

LittleAlfie PetForums Member

Is it normal for Alfie to come upstairs at night when myself and my partner have gone to bed, and just sit outside crying?

He'll do it at say 3/4 in the morning, and i just wondered whether it was normal for cats or him to do it?

2. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

I take it he is an only cat yes? He is probobly just lonley at night or perhaps hungry?

3. LittleAlfie

Yeah, he's an only cat, and we fill his bowl up at nights so he has something there. My initial thought was that he was lonely, as i think he sleeps most of the day and is up half the night, so thinks we should be up with him.

4. NEW2CATS

NEW2CATS PetForums VIP

My 2 cats do this - they cry anytime from 4am
    I think it is for some attention from me

I try to ignore it and go back to sleep but it is very hard to ignore!

5. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

Have you thought about getting another cat perhaps for company?

6. LittleAlfie

We have, but at the moment we cant afford another one, and our landlord says were only allowed Alfie. So at the moment hes stuck an only cat lol

7. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

when one of the cats we had did the crying at night thing we got him a wind up toy so at say 3 am he would cry so we would pill out the wind up toy put it on the floor and he would play with it untel he tied him self out and went to sleep so no more crying for attion

8. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

when we got sheldon he done this so stupidly we let him in our bedroom now i am up at 2 3 and 4 when he decides its time for a stroke.

gettin another cat failed to help us as now it jst means both of them are up ha ha.

i have found that if i play with them b4 bed time it tends to tire them out and they sleep alot longer, or i jst ignore them and lift them off the bed when they get on and try to wake us. as long as you give plenty of cuddles in the mornin theres no hard feelings

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice