Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Crying kitty

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Riverwish, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Riverwish

Riverwish PetForums Member

Evening everyone,

Just after a bit of advice because i'm really not sure what to do. For the past few days when we've let Aber out he's gone out the front and just sat our on the path Meowing his little head off. I had to go and bring him in earlier as I thought he was going to keep the neighbours awake. He doesn't do this at all inside but as soon as he's out he starts up his little chorus.

He appears to be sitting outside of next doors house but it can be anywhere out the front or in the back garden. Do you think he's calling for the cats next door to come out? Could it be the heat at the moment (although he's quiet as a mouse inside) making him uncomfortable?

I feel so sorry for him, it sounds like he's crying all the time and the neighbours must think we're bad fur-parents. It's putting me off letting him out at certain times during the day.

Has anyone had this before? He sounds so upset I don't know what to do.

#1 Riverwish, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  2. Riverwish

Just bumping this to see if anyone has any suggestions :confused:

I put him out again at 7:30 this morning and had to bring him back in cause he was so loud.

I hope it is just that he wants company because hopefully we're bring our new cat home next weekend so this should help.

Soppy things gone back to sleep on my pillow now :rolleyes:

3. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

Yeah sounds to me as if he calling for something Petal... cant say what ..but prob a lady kitty...;) mybe hes in Lorve!:blushing:

But mybe the other cat girls & boys will help you more..:D

4. bimbleweb

bimbleweb PetForums Member

Have you had him neutered yet? It does sound like tom cat behaviour, bless him x

5. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Before I got my cat neutered he used to call all the time ... loudly! lol

He doesnt do it now :)

6. Riverwish

Yup he's neutered and has been for a long time (don't know exactly when but he came into rescue that way and he's been there twice) My OH suggests maybe he's calling out for a friend he used to have?? He's 10 in August

I don't know, hopefully he'll calm down a bit when we get him a friend.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice