Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Crufts! Will they have all their grooming... ????

Discussion in 'Dog Grooming' started by groomers82, Jan 29, 2011.

1. groomers82

groomers82 PetForums Junior

Hello,

I'm attending Crfust 2011 on March 11th (Very excited)

The main reason I'm going to Crufts is because I want to purchase ALL my dog grooming equipment... I.e table, dryer, scissers, clippers, blades EVERYTHING you name it I'll be getting it haha.

But will someone answer me this, Will all the dog grooming stalls at crufts like Christies direct, Groomers online, Mutneys etc have ALL their dog grooming equipment with them???

The last thing I need is to get there and them not to have what I was really going for, I would buy online but i want to touch/see the products before i buy... Hope this makes sense.

Many thanks for any help.

xx

2. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

Hi .............there are loads of dog grooming stalls at Crufts. i can't recall seeing any that you've listed , the names suggest online buying?I'd give them a ring to see if they are exhibiting to avoid disappointment.

3. pearltheplank

pearltheplank PetForums VIP

I'm sure I have seen Christies there with stock. Wether its just display stock (the big items) or not I don't know. Dezynadog have a stand there and I do know, they take a couple of lorries worth of stock, so I would assume they carry large items. The others probably do too

4. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Not sure about Crufts but at other CH shows they never seem to have everything. Just the more popular stuff. I've only ever saw one stall at a show that sells dryers/blasters. Personaly I'd order online rather than going back and forth to the car with stuff.

5. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

Have a look at this lnk for a list of all the stands that will be at Crufts 2011. They've only put info on for two of the halls at present, but they will update it and add the other three halls so keep going back for a look.

dfs Crufts 2011 Trade Stands | Crufts presented by the Kennel Club

As for stands having their grooming stuff with them - well, it depends upon how big an item is, how many they have brought with them to the show, and how popular they have been. For example, I would imagine that something as large as a drying cabinet you would want delivering anyway, so they probably just have one for demo purposes. Something like a blaster they might have a few of, and something like a popular pair of scissors they would probably have loads of. But as they only have a certain area for their stand their stock amount will be finite, so unless they are a local firm and can replenish it daily, if something proves popular they might have run out by the Sunday. That happened to us once - we saw some really nice dog dishes with rubber rims on on the Thursday, went back for them on the Sunday and they had sold out.

#5 Spellweaver, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  6. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

I found that emailing the company, asking if they were at the particular show, and if so, if they could bring certain stock for me to collect :)

7. hungover

hungover PetForums Junior

I second pretty much everthing that spellweaver says but would add that some of the smaller firms will drop their prices in the final throws of Sunday because they don't want to lug so much stock back- where as the bigger firms are less likely to do so as they do regular shows.

Do shop around I have seen prices for things that I was interested in varying by up 30%.

Also make a point of telling them you are a groomer- the prices shown don't show breaks for volume buyers.

As a possible additional income stream look for stands that sell things that you can promote to your customers- like Bichon Hotel who do a tear stain preventer supplement (Angels Delight) or one of the dog photography stands (for example) who might give you a tickle for recommending them.

8. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I was there last year and saw Mutneys, Christies, Simpsons and Groomers... And probably a few more.

Don't buy from the first place you see - make a note (try and write it down) of what price each stand is offering the product you want and then you will know who is cheapest. Even then, try going back to one of the more expensive ones and show them that someone else is offering the same product for less money. They might try to better it by lowering the price further or giving you something else with the product for free or for half the price.

It's always worth a try :)

9. shazalhasa

shazalhasa PetForums VIP

Your best bet would be to check prices for what you want online first and take a list with you. You can check out the products at Crufts and compare the prices too, more often than not, you will be able to get it cheaper online.

Just a couple of examples. I'd been looking for scissors and saw what I wanted at a show, they were around £80 which I didn't have on me at the time cos I'd gone to exhibit not shop. I found same pair on ebay and had a real bargain at only £25 :D Another thing was the grooming table/trolley, at the shows they were anything from £130 but I had mine online for only £88... better still, OH broke one of the wheels trying to get it up a step fully loaded and the company sent me a replacement and told me to keep the other one. I took the wheels off it so now have a table for home and my table/trolley for shows :D I also had 2 Chris Christensen brushes, a 35mm pin and wooden pin. At the shows they were over £40 each !! but I had both on ebay for only £58 including international shipping :D

It really does pay to shop around ;)

10. mennax

mennax PetForums Newbie

Hi
    I dont know if it helps but I work for Christies Direct and I will be working at Crufts his year. We try to take as much stock as possible but sometimes due to the size restraints of the stand we cannot fit everything onto it, but we do try to take a wide range of products.
    I agree that it helps to see what you would like to buy especially things like scissors etc. It might help if you contact us for our new catalogue or check out our website before Crufts, mark the products then give us a call, we will be able to let u know what larger items we will be taking.
    We have lots of new products we will be launching there and some show offers it would be great to see you. We are in Hall 1, stand 180. Hope this helps! Cat

11. groomers82

groomers82 PetForums Junior

Hi,

Thats great thank you very much!

I'll prepare my list now and email it through to you.

Regards,

12. gina2201

gina2201 PetForums Junior

I hope your good at haggling! :D

There are LOADS of stalls at crufts as I'm sure you know, many more than that names you have suggested. I am also going on Friday :)

Do you intend to buy all quipment from there? Unless you are just after brand new then why not the 2nd hand market for table etc? I bought a job lot off someone who was closing, incliding hydraulic table, blaster, simpsons drier, blades, scissors etc etc for a very good price.

I will be looking for a few smaller bits and pieces and anything that takes my fancy! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice