Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Crufts 2021 is cancelled

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by simplysardonic, Mar 26, 2021.

1. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Just seen on Facebook, I hadn't really decided whether to go or not, but even if I didn't I was looking forward to watching it on Youtube.

2. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh no!
    Last year's Crufts was our last day out, we were really looking forward to it. It makes sense though, we'll probably be in lock-down again.:rolleyes:

simplysardonic likes this.
  3. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

Just as well; I haven't got enough spare pennies to go nuts on treats for my gang like I usually do :Bag

I'm not surprised, but it is a real shame. Love watching the live YouTube for days on end especially the flyball :(
    Wonder if Westminster with be cancelled too

4. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

We missed it last year but I watched most of it live.

Yeah I always spend too much, far too many things to tempt me, I recently bought a cute shopping trolley with purple dogs all over it (not as impressive as @Katalyst's infamous Pizzle Wagon but still pretty capacious) especially for Crufts shopping, but I guess it'll have to wait until 2022 for its debut.

Katalyst, BlueJay and SusieRainbow like this.
  5. tabelmabel

tabelmabel Banned

Makes total sense.

Happy Paws2 and lorilu like this.
  6. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Last thing I heard was that they were only going to have exhibitors.

7. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

Its such a shame, not just for the exhibitors but for the companies and charities that have stalls, the extra staff the NEC take on for the event and the area of Birmingham itself that would normally benefit from a huge event like Crufts. It is the right decision though, best to make it now than cancel at the last moment, it should never have gone ahead last year in my opinion but it was probably far to late to cancel!

8. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

I'm not surprised. I had such a fabulous time in 2020 that to be honest, I'd rather wait for it to be run like that again rather than compromise with a lite version.

9. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Not even that now, Our Dogs have announced it.

I think I'm with you on that, better not to run at all than lose everything that makes it such a great experience.

Agree with @3dogs2cats though, all the people behind the scenes & small businesses that will suffer the loss of income & work.

JoanneF likes this.
  10. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

True, I was really thinking a bit selfishly. It is a shame for them to lose out.

11. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I'm not surprised I was shocked they had it last year, all those people wondering about just as the pandemic was starting, I wonder how many people who were there died.

adamantis and tabelmabel like this.
  12. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Even with exhibitors only, it would be very problematic because of the benching arrangements and the proximity of the Judge.

simplysardonic likes this.
  13. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I remember reading on one of the Facebook show dog groups that a few people who were showing had had the virus but no reports of anyone dieing. Obviously visitors that had it after crufts would not be reported.

I really didn't expect crufts to take place they hadn't even opened the entries they we limiting the number of dogs allowed in each breed and there would have been no puppies or juniors there. I hadn't even bothered booking time of work.

They had done a survey of past exhibitors asking what people's feeling wee about returning to showing and the majority of people said they would be happy to start showing outside but were not so happy to show indoors. From what I gathered from their statement it was this and the third wave that is happening in Europe at the moment that made them make the decision to cancel. They are now looking at how dogs can qualify for 2022 they are hoping that some shows are going to take place later in the year many shows have changed their dates to a later date but shows are still being cancelled.

Happy Paws2 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice