Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cruciate or ilipsoas?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Jo Coles, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Jo Coles

Jo Coles PetForums Newbie

My girl had an ilipsoas strain about 3 years ago and also had very mild HD diagnosed at the time, a sibling also had HD diagnosed too but was very overweight, she's recently been lame again, her chiro diagnosed a sore quad, she's very tender pushing up into her pelvic area from the front of her leg , and a bit of swelling around her knee,, it is also slightly improving over time of just short walks and joint supplements. I took her to my vets this morning, and she thoroughly examined her, and suspects a partial cruciate, tho when she twisted and pulled her knee joint, my girl didn't show any indication of pain the way she does when I push into her pelvis. They want to do a knee xray tomorrow but I'm having doubts as to whether she is right, she is only lame for a few steps when she gets up then it walks off, and is slowly getting better over time, surely a tear would be painful all the while? Many thanks

2. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Hmm not necessarily. My bitch had a partially torn cruciate and was intermittently lame. It ruptured totally at the beginning of November and she was operated on to repair it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice