Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cross breed so expensive>?

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by clairescunny55, Jul 20, 2009.

1. clairescunny55

clairescunny55 PetForums Member

ive been looking on a certain puppy site im sure you can guess which, and there are so many cross breeds selling at £800! some cockerpoos which arent even born yet are being advertised at £800. how do they justify this? or do you think this is acceptable? I'm not really up on prices but i see a lot of KC REG dogs for much much cheaper?

2. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Yes I must say I was a bit surprised to see some Shih Tzu's x Bichons advertised for nearly £500 a few weeks ago. :eek: My sister had an accidental litter of Bichons x Yorkies, thirteen years ago and she kept 3 of the pups and just rehomed one of them to someone down the road from her for free I think.

3. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

I wonder if some of these dogs are"dogs in fashion" at the moment ,and breeders think because of this there is a high demand for them ,so people will pay such high prices

4. I think it is discusting the prices that some of these cross breeds are achieving. Money making exercise or what!!! - you decide!! A cross is a cross is a cross in my eyes! always has been - always will be!
    DT

5. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

the price is justified just like the price of an pedigree would be justified :D

The health tests (if done any), the costs of bringing up the pups, the time and care given....etc ;)

6. Dundee

Dundee Banned

I don't think they do justify it and don't think they care about justifying it - they just know that there is some mug out there that will pay it. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  7. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

thats a very sweeping statement... :rolleyes:

8. I'll second that Dundee!

9. poochimama

poochimama PetForums Senior

#9 poochimama, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
    tashi likes this.
  10. Dundee

Dundee Banned

True - forgotten about that. Although to be fair, it wasn't about cross breeds but rather about breeders. I'd have said exactly the same about a breeder of purebreeds who breeds without using health tests and charges the same prices.

11. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

12. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

People think they can put a silly name and add a few 00 to the price!!

13. poochimama

poochimama PetForums Senior

just thought not worth getting warned or banned over :blushing:

14. james1

james1 PetForums VIP

lol it makes me laugh all the same:idea:

15. Id pay alot for the right dog for me whether a cross or not. All breeds were crossed at some point to create a breed. If someone likes a certain look they will pay for it. There are some designer crossbreeds that i really like more than some KC reg purebreds. Just because the dog is a purebred doesnt mean its a better dog. Different dogs suit different people. Its up to them if they want them and up to them what they pay for it. BTW Im not an owner of an xbreed. I was just making a point.

#16 My lil Babies, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2009
  16. Never did say that the purebreeds were better then the crossbreeds. Glad you feel you made a point! I don't see it myself!
    regards
    DT

17. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

fair comment . TBO thats why they keep breeding crosses, designer ( i HATE that word) what ever name they call them cos theres always SOMEONE will will pay £1000's for a cross when they can have a pure bred for a fraction of the cost..

18. cav

cav PetForums VIP

These people that breed these DD are just greedy and breeding for money i would never pay that much for a cross;)

19. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

You are so right Cav greedy money grabbing gits if you ask me!! and
    No i wouldnt spend that money either Cav i mean people say that they know this "cross breed" will fit their life style but how can they say that when you do not know how the dogs going to turn out!
    Thats including coat type and looks!!! Its just silly people would even spend that much money on something so Un-predictable imo

I have nothing against mongrels in the slightest! What i do have a problem with is people trying to make out these cross breeds are something they clearly are not

#20 DevilDogz, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice