Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Critiques

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by Kicksforkills, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Last week Phoenix had his first critique from his very first show. He only came 4th in his breed class but won AV minor puppy dog. This is his critique

Barnesmore Black Ice whippet dark brindle very settled, nice smooth outline attractive head good eye deep chest good top line a little loose behind but good in front on the move.

Peter won AV open dog and his critique was similar but the judge said she prefered a darker eye. A whippets eye colour should match the coat colour Phoenix being black brindle has very dark brown eyes. Peter being a red brindle has paler brown eyes.

Kicksforkills likes this.
  2. Gilpinsmum

Gilpinsmum PetForums Newbie

thanks for that - I have a suspicion that the judge might have been making a comment about MY handling ;) but lovely to think he has potential...now about his handler...:rolleyes:

3. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

Not sure if Cash was critiqued in his 2nd place award yesterday, but if anyone can find the details for Colchester and District, please let me know! :)

4. Leam1307

Leam1307 PetForums Senior

Does anyone know where i would find the critiques from the Kilmarnock show on the. 3rd January? Summer won 3 classes and i know she got a critique in at least one as was kept behind. Was same judge for the second class so not sure if they just use the same one? This was our first show so ive no idea where to look for critiques.

Many thanks

5. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

They are usually in either Dog World or Our Dogs. The judges have 1 month to send them in but it is up to the papers when they publish them. Sometimes they go in almost straight away other times you may have to wait a while for them.

6. Leam1307

Leam1307 PetForums Senior

Well this is Summers critique from her first show. Didn't win anything today so nothing to report from that.

A 6month old bitch with a lovely head and tapered muzzle, dark in eye with a very alert expression, her head carried on a gently arched muscular neck of good length set into well laid shoulders. She has good depth to her chest and brisket, is straight in front with gently sweeping stifle to the rear, which allowed her, her true movement.

#86 Leam1307, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    Kicksforkills and lupie like this.
  7. Zenith

Zenith PetForums Newbie

This was my boy's write-up from PGD at Manchester! Very chuffed

1, easy winner, looked balanced, excellent breed type, looked his sex, good head, eye & bite, straight front, enough neck, typical in profile & his movement was sound free & easy, liked this male a lot

Kicksforkills and lupie like this.
  8. adamantis

adamantis PetForums Member

Is anyone willing/able to see if my boy's critique from Manchester is available, please?
    I'm not expecting much - first big show, and my handling was awful, but it would be nice to know!
    Ashford Valley Tickham Stroller, in PG D/B AVNSC Hound.

Thanks in advance :)

9. Zenith

Zenith PetForums Newbie

Sorry I haven't renewed my subscriptions to the dog papers, i'm just lucky to be sometimes sent the decent write-ups by friends.

Got Elsa's critique from her very first show today! :D

Hunt's Samoyed, Archaeus with Amour, she came, she conquered at her first show! A stunning 6 month old puppy with great ring presence. Superb presentation. Lovely head, eye and expression. Moved with style & purpose. Could not be denied BPIS

10. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

I'd be very grateful if anyone could keep an eye out for Isle of Ely Canine Society show 1st place Junior write up ;)

11. adamantis

Our Manchester critique has been published. It's our first ever one, so no idea what it means or how to take it. I think it's positive, but am willing to be corrected!

2 Roberts' Ashford Valley Tickham Stroller, an upstanding Foxhound junior male who is impressive in side profile being well grown & well bodied. Firm & in good muscle. Unsettled.

("Unsettled" because he decided he wasn't going to stand still for -anyone- after 5 hours on his bench…)

12. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

Sounds like a lovely critique! Well grown and bodied means hes not immature in body so not a bad thing and unsettled is not necessarily a critism more a statement and something you can improve on :)

Inca's critique for national terrier:
    Post Graduate 1st (9)
    Saxton, Bovill & Dale’s Rattustrap Maid Marian, good head shape with a correct bite, classy outline, moved out well. Should do well;

Short but positive :D

#92 vet-2-b, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  13. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

was he bred by the hunt ? well done !

14. adamantis

He's a hunt hound that was stolen from walk at 10 weeks. Ended up with me at 14 months, and I recognised him from the newspaper photos. Contacted the hunt and the rest is history!

15. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

oh I remember that I'm near the hunt ;)

16. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

From S Wales Champion Show last year.

PB. Sulasky Stolen My Heart, beautiful head & dark eye. Loved her crest of neck. So elegant. Of very good size, shape & overall balance. Very collected on move although can step a little high. Very well marked. Will follow progress with interest.

From E.T.T Championship Show in November.

PB. Sulasky Stolen My Heart. Loved her size and shape. Very pretty typey bitch with a lovely head. Just not showing well today.

Have to say the one thing that I have learned is that I suspected that her first season ruined her, she wouldn't put her ears up and really didn't want to be there as such. She has just had her second season and it seems to have rectified the damage that the first season caused, ears are up and tails wagging and she seems to be happy with life. I think she will do well this summer. If I had known that the second season would correct everything I would have taken her out the ring for the six months. I will be aware if it ever happens again in the future.

17. kiara

kiara PetForums VIP

My first critique

Southern Counties Limit show
    15th March 2015

Judge Lee Page

Maiden Bitch
    2nd Nanici Dainty Love – Black brindle with white bitch, Hard to assess this bitch as she was very lively, She was finer than the first, with a good bite.

Novice Bitch
    2nd Nanici Dainty Love

Graduate Bitch
    2nd Nanici Dainty Love

Attached Files:

Kicksforkills and Firedog like this.
  18. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Petergot 2 lovely critiques from Newcastle(Staffs) and district open show on easter sunday.

First the breed judge

PG 1st Barnesmore Peter Pan 19 months brindle with white trim lots to like about this boy lovely head, scissor bite and kind eye very good length of neck his body shape flows but moved aa litte erratic at times. Saw him settle later in the day in the variety classes could have taken him home just needs time to mature

and the BIS show for the variety classes

AV open and Open stakes

1st Barnesmore Peter Pan whippet very smart good for size lovely head and expression very smart on the move.

Really please with both of these and hope he just settles at the national next saturday and moves as we know he can and doen't mess about like he can do sometimes.

19. MrRustyRead

MrRustyRead PetForums VIP

Jax's last critique i have is from Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft District Canine Society Limit Show where he got 1st in Junior MT:

15 month old dog. Good proportions to head with long flat skull and tight lips. Dark almond shaped eyes. Ears small and close to head. Good mouth and dentition. Clean arched neck of good length. Shoulders sloping with straight forelegs. Sufficient spring of rib. Well angulated hindquarters. I would prefer a little less length of leg to give better balance. Moved well once settled.

Kicksforkills, lupie and Firedog like this.
  20. Kicksforkills

Kicksforkills PetForums VIP

Our first critique since November!

Under the woman who has been secretary of the Papillon club of Ireland for 20 years!

SC - PGD (4,1) 1 Bull’s Altaya Foreign Affair, lovely head & good coat. Excellent topline, tailset & carriage. Very good movement. Lovely hare foot;

MrRustyRead and Firedog like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice