Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Critiques

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by Kicksforkills, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Some lovely critiques here. I forgot about this thread.

Its very rare for us to get a critique as we are usually stuck in NSC and usually don't even get a mention in the results. At one show last year in AVNSC Toy both Buck and Tabitha got a 1st. All the other breeds judged by that judge and the group results have been in the papers but not NSC toy or veteran:(

2. Kicksforkills

Kicksforkills PetForums VIP

Should really make it a rule at open shows too they have to do critiques.

3. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I love Peter's critique from the first open show we took him too Crewe and district open show.

Barnesmore Peter Pan 8 months male brindle, white trim havin a naughty day today long low true mover when not giving his handler a tough time correct size and construction nicely proportioned good reach of neck and correct front assembly.

Kicksforkills likes this.
  4. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

I was waiting for this one from SoCos because there should have been three in the class but the other two were in previous classes and didn't enter so he stood alone. You never actually know what a Judge thinks of your dog when they stand alone until the critiques are published so I was happy with these comments.

YD 3/2
    Lovely balanced square dog, correct head shape with kind dark eye, good reach of neck flowing into well placed shoulder with good angulation fore and aft, nice bone and tight feet and moved freely with purpose. Stood alone but would hold own in a bigger class, coming on nicely.

5. torren

torren PetForums Newbie

can anyone tell me the critiques for

whitstable & district canine society dogue de Bordeaux classes?

and south west Essex canine association dogue de Bordeaux classes and A.V working can seem to find them thank you

6. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

We have just been given our first critiques.

Southern Counties, she got second in puppy bitch.

Square bitch with very nice head. In profile beautiful and correct shaped ears, nice rear, excellent body volume, moves very truly around.

Southampton Open Show she had B.O.B.

Well balanced bitch, elegant and compact. Correct head and skull with nose of good pigmentation. Small dark eyes and ears of correct shape and size. Correct dentition, compact body and narrow chest, dainty feet and correct tail set and correctly marked and moved well.

I am so pleased with that.

Can't wait for critique from Dorset County Canine Association.

7. Firedog

Firedog PetForums VIP

That's who judged us Sunday.:) He loved my girl.

8. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

I was at Dorset County on Sunday !!!!!!!!!

Mylo won his class but not BOB so that was the end for him. The Daxie that eventually won Best in Show was Reserve to Mylo when he won Best in Show last week buts that's how the whole thing works I suppose.

9. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

I've just realised that I haven't shared Bess's critique from the Irish Setter Breeders Championship show on the 30th March.

Bess was second out of 16 bitches in Undergraduate, and her critique is:

An appealing bitch with pleasing head and expression, good reach of neck, well balanced throughout.

I was very pleased with this result! :)

PS I didn't handle her!

10. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

Critique from British Manchester Terrier club limit show, Inca got 1st out of 3 in Beginner Bitch, 1st out of 11 in turo bitch and 2nd out of 8 in Post graduate bitch, only beaten by BB and BIS! it was a good show ;)

"A lovely marked bitch with a nice feminine head with good ear set and dark eye. Excellent crest of neck in to a good top line with a correct rise over the loin. Handled and moved well."

I think it's a really nice critique, short but straight to the point :)

11. Kicksforkills

Latest;

"Bull’s Altaya Foreign Affair, Papillon, lovely sized tri dog of nice type. Correct length to muzzle & nice flare to ears which he needs to use more of. Good shape, correct bone to size, straight coat. Excellent tailset & carriage. Strong drive & good width behind. BAV."

We won AV Toy Open then got Best AV Toy under C C Li.

12. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

From East of England Ladies Kennel Society:

(1) Dunnett's Arabin Street Party. Good strong masculine head, nice front standing and good feet. Good depth of chest and spring of rib. Lovely rear angles and moved well. RBOB.

Pleased with that! The dog we beat also had in her critique that her movement wasn't as free as Henry's, so really pleased with that too. He always seems to get his head and movement picked out especially.

13. Kicksforkills

Well done, a very nice critique and win!

14. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

Incas critique from Driffield:

A smaller type but really keen & on her toes, elegant outline & good bend of stifle

Short but sweet :)

15. Kicksforkills

Well done, like you say short but sweet : )

16. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

Critique from British Manchester Terrier club championship, where Inca won Junior Bitch...

"(7) Rattustrap Maid Marian, a difficult class to judge as they all seemed a little jumpy & on edge. A very feminine bitch, with nice dark eyes, ears need to settle a bit, lovely deep forechest, flowing topline, good tuck-up, well bent stifle and moved well"

:)

17. lupie

lupie PetForums VIP

"Tri with complimenting eye colour, alert in expression, medium amount of bone, arch of neck running into good shoulders, correct in stifle and rear moved well."

Our first critique :) Pleased with that. We came second in our class.

18. Gilpinsmum

Gilpinsmum PetForums Newbie

ooo...are you able to find the critique for mine same show, we came 2nd in the Puppy Dog? Barleydust Harvest Moon, I'm not sure where to find it. Also, do you know where I can find the critiques for the Midlands Canine Society show back in October for the MT's?
    Sorry...hope you don't mind me asking!
    Thanks

19. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

will go and find the copy of the newspaper and find you his critique :)

Your best bet is to check the newspapers, I prefer dog world to our dog but either is good to look :) also Terrier World The Magazine Dedicated To Terriers is good to check for the championship shows. Opens are a lot harder to find critques for but if you keep checking you should eventually find most of them.

20. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

Right just found your critque but theres no enteries for PD only JD anyway it says

2. Hough's Barleydust Harvest Moon, just into junior, correct size, really strong markings, nice dark almomd eyes. Good conformation & moved well- with a little more experience handler & dog have potential to do well.

Thats a lovely critique, well done by the sounds of it your boy has potential :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice