Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Critiques

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by Kicksforkills, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Kicksforkills

Kicksforkills PetForums VIP

Got critique from a show in October, where Dexter and his brother were the only two in Junior and his brother beat him. His brother got RBOB and their mum got BOB and G3. Three in AV Toy Junior which Dexter won.

"Good head and eye well placed ears correct bite, well balanced body with good front and depth of chest, level topline, high set tail, fine boned with hare feet. He is just slightly longer in loin than his brother but a nice dainty boy who moved really well and made good use of his ears. "

Thr judge said "similar comments apply" as she gave his brother so put his brother's critique plus the sentence of his.

#41 Kicksforkills, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  2. Kicksforkills

Critique I was waiting for;

"10 months tri, good head, large ears, good fringing for age, dark eye, lovely mouth. Nice outline, well carried tail, moved & showed well."

3. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

This is what Frank Kane has to say about my boy at Midland Counties. He got his age wrong as he was only 14 months at the time but I will forgive him for that.

'JD 1 Barleyarch Trumpeter, 17 months, of good size & proportions & the best mover in this class. Well made with correct bone & coat. Beautiful head & expression. Needs to fill out a little in body now but a convincing winner of this class'

The man has good judgement .....lol

Kicksforkills likes this.
  4. Kicksforkills

Well done Emma, I've heard Mr.Kane is well known.

5. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

He is, he judged BiS at Crufts last year, and he's really big on movement, so to be singled out as the best mover in the class from him is great!

6. Kicksforkills

That's where I know his name from!

What a great achievement Emma :)

7. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

Just catching up on this thread = some very good criitiques here. Well done everyone! :thumbsup:

8. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Wow, well done! Yep Frank Kane is probably one of the most respected/highly regarded judges in the business, I would just love to show under him! He certainly knows his onions and is also a genuinely lovely man!

9. Spellweaver

This is Gracee's write-up from Boston: (Judge was Pete Simmonds)

LIMIT BITCH - 1ST - CALEYKIZ SMOKIN RHYTHM . Lovely dark face bitch handled to perfection, also done this bitch well in the past and she is progressing nicely loved her head expression and dark eye, lovely length of neck into well laid back shoulders , good front with nice tight feet , good length nice firm top-line superb rear angulation, good muscle tone and in good condition, could watch her move all day lovely going and coming great side gait pleasure to award res cc to this up and coming young bitch.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

10. Kicksforkills

That's a lovely critique on a smashing win!

Waiting for one critique. The show is a feature in one of the next few weeks' DW. I'll post it on here when I see it :)

11. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Frank Kane is an excellent judge. I've shown under him a number of times. Well done.

12. Kicksforkills

Finally, from Guildford 8th December, first out of two in AV Junior under Gary Gray-

"Altaya Foreign Affair, 14 month male, good head & alert expression, dark eye, good earset, correct bite, correct length of neck into well laid shoulders, good bone & feet, short back into correct hindquarters, he was sound both ways with a lovely light side action. Not in full coat but well handled."

Longest critique we've ever had!

13. Dober

Dober PetForums VIP

Aspen's critique from a breed club open show where we were reserve best bitch :)

'Blk/R Standard sized bitch who really appealed to me. Lovely head and expression with dark eye, graceful neckline, enough depth and fore chest, square, compact body with well spring ribcage leading into muscular rear quarters. Moved steadily RBB'

Lovely critique, congratulations!

14. Kicksforkills

Thanks Dober, yours was very nce too.. Should really meet at a show sometime :)

15. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

From the British Manchester terrier show:

Rattustrap Maid Marian 2. A different type,bigger but another nice Bitch. Lovely wedge shaped head and strong white teeth with a lovely dark eye. Still needs to mature but moved well round the ring for her handler just not as positively as first.

Not bad considering it was are second show and I felt like passing out with nerves haha

#55 vet-2-b, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  16. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

Really well done x

17. vet-2-b

vet-2-b PetForums VIP

Thank you very much :) it was a brilliant show her breeders Bitch took best in show and the dog that came first in Incas class was her half sister so a rather successful show!

18. Spellweaver

Really pleased with Tarot's write up from Crufts from judge Elina Haapaniemi from Finland:

Rottger & Beasleys' Calshair Cuillin of Spellweaver - 17 month old bergamasco of pleasing type and proportion. Very nice head, strong, well-boned, sound quarters. Has all the essentials to mature favourably. Nice prospect for the future. RBD

:) :) :)

19. Kicksforkills

Here's Dexter's critiques since then;

Jean Manifold- AV Junior - "J (4) 1 Bull’s Altaya Foreign Affair, Papillon, pretty head & ears, nice movement."

Nina Flemming -2/6 AV Junior- "Altaya Foreign Affair, good prospect, alert, nice head, good eye, fabulous coat, moved OK."

Waiting for two, both seconds and both breed clubs, but one a champ and one an open. Champ should really be very soon.

Guess I'm not getting a critique for getting first and BOB out of one lol

20. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

Here is Mylo's critique for WELKS where he was 1st in PG, his litter brother was 2nd. (Don't take any notice of the comment that he was well handled cos it wasn't me :) )

PG (8) 1 Serpa & Griffiths Barleyarch Trumpeter. Really well put together dog and moves with a free stride and with power around the ring. Well handled. Good turn of stifle, short back and a good colour eye. 2 Jones Barleyarch Drummer, litter brother and same qualities as my winner, another quality youngster.

This is from Torquay Open last year but I have just found it, where he was 1st in O and went BOB.... and I did handle him myself :)

GSP: O Serpa/Griffiths Barleyarch Trumpeter. 14 mth dog that gave his handler a hard time, masculine head, with good pigment, ears set high, muscular neck, deep in chest,
    firm in topline, straight forelegs and good feet, moderate bend of stifle, well muscled hindquarters, moved well with good coverage once settled. BOB

See why I let David do all the Champ Shows? :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice