Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Critiques

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by Kicksforkills, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

This is from an Open show back in July, it is featured in Dogworld today:

"up to size, good length of head, small dark eyes, neck of correct length with slight arch, good in body, good coat, well marked. BOB."

Hooray for Mabel!

Just one question though - does 'up to size' mean she is a correct size, or does it mean the judge would not like to see the dog any bigger? I know Mabel is quite big for her breed, she's bigger than some of the boys but then again, there are a lot of tiny MT's out there at the moment!

Kicksforkills likes this.
  2. Kicksforkills

Kicksforkills PetForums VIP

Well done !

I would imagine up to size means correct size?

I tried to find my link to the critique dictionary but failed lol

3. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

Was really pleased with Tarot’s write-up from Keith Thornton (Leeds Championship Show) in Dog World today:

PD 1 – Rottger & Beasley’s Calshair Cuillin of Spellweaver – I was very impressed with this young bergamasco, beautiful head and expression, good neck and front, well-balanced body, super quality coat, a really smart boy.

He behaved well for once - can't wait until he grows up a bit, stops being a Kevin at shows and behaves himself all the time! :laugh:

4. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

Our East of England Ladies KCS critique has finally appeared, and it's rather glowing for a naughty ES puppy who refused to behave himself on the day!

J 1 Arabin Street Party. Classic headed orange belton. Good eye and correct ears. Good neck, clean throat. Good shoulders, deep brisket and good legs and feet. Muscular quarters. In good coat and moved well.

5. Dober

Dober PetForums VIP

Congratulations!!

We had another good one from City of Birmingham:-

'8 months eye-catching young lady, short & compact but still very feminine with an elegant head & good depth of muzzle, ample forechest & well sprung ribs, lean strong neck & a gentle sloping topline, correct front & rear angulation & all in proportion, well developed for her age with firm muscletone, presented in very good condition, glided round the ring presenting a balanced outline with plenty of reach in the forequarters, well handled.'

6. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

Oooh Dober that judge really liked you! What a critique!

7. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

re; size it means top end of the breed standard xx

8. Kicksforkills

Decided not to go to LKA this year due to travel and finances :)

9. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

Critique from our 2nd ever show in Dog World today. It was the breed club champ show that was a disaster where I was approached by the mad woman telling me I shouldn't be there.

Anyway.......it doesn't say much but all true :D

N 1 K Jigsaw; 2 Barleyarch Trumpeter, a very neat package, short & square, moved soundly. Both handler & dog simply need more ringcraft.

If he hadn't mentioned 'move soundly' I would think he was talking about the handler not the dog :D:D:D:D:D:D

#29 Emmastace, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  10. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

Just been sent a lovely write-up for Xia from SKC in August (dont know which paper it was in until I get them tomorrow).

The girl who came first, Prada, is my friend's dog and Xia was second:

PGB. 1. Clarke's, Lolissy Devil Wears Prada. Close between first and second. Top size and lack of coat did not help, however no hiding her good construction and proportions. Good stop, dark lively eye and well used ears. Moved really well. 2. Rottger and Beasley's, Caleykiz Cosmic Dancer at Spellweaver. Again full of quality. Better size than winner. Not so mature. Liked her head, ear and eye. Sound easy gait. It was difficult to seperate these two
    M. Hodgson

11. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

Great review. It's nice when they say how close it was, it will be your turn next time.

12. Kicksforkills

Very nice critiques, I myself should get the one I'm waiting for in this week's DW. :)

Edit; thanks for the sticky :)

#32 Kicksforkills, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  13. I love springers

I love springers PetForums Senior

Does anyone know if the critiques for Driffield ESS's have been in the paper yet....Thanks

#33 I love springers, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  14. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

Well I am not going to get the critique for Mylo's first show in July. I spoke to Dog World today and they said that the GSP's was the only critique not submitted for that show and that they reject them after a month for Open's. If it is a Champ show they take them whenever they are sent in. That might explain why some critiques never seem to appear.

15. BessieDog

BessieDog PetForums VIP

I won't hold my breath for the Open in May which was one of Bess's few firsts then. :rolleyes:

16. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

Call them up. They may have it on file but not to be published as out of time. This was the one where Mylo was BPIB and I really wanted to know what she thought of him as she is his breeders mortal enemy. Would have been interesting that one.

17. Dober

Dober PetForums VIP

Latest critique:

Absolutely stunning 10 months black/rust bitch. Elegant, compact and square in outline, she oozed quality. Correct wedge-shaped head, level head planes, exceptional dark, almond-shaped eyes. Long, clean neck flowing into slightly sloping topline from powerful withers. Plenty of forechest, good depth of rib and sufficient tuck-up. She moved with reach and drive around the ring, at one with her handler. Shown in excellent condition. BP, PG2

18. Kicksforkills

Love hearing about your lovely soon-to-be (I'm sure) champion Dober :D

I'm waiting for two critiques. One should be in DW any week now and the other they said to tell them if it wasn't on their website by the 6th :)

19. Pezant

Pezant PetForums VIP

Could that critique be any more glowing? We'll definitely have a PF ShCh before long!

20. Kicksforkills

Second out of four in Junior today in a VERY VERY strong class!

Thought the most I could hope for was third! Knew I wouldn't get first.

Apparently the judge checked patellas and withheld in another breed because of slipping patellas.

I asked the judge if he would mind critiquing Dexter verbally as he only wrote 1st. He said he would. He said he was a very nice dog, very typical, good coat and overall very sound, expected me to have won lots with him and to win much more.

:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice