Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

credit rating *cries*

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by foxxy cleopatra, Jul 7, 2009.

1. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

dont think im going to be able to get my new carie-poo (car) next month because i think my credit ranting is absolutly awful :(

gutted :( anyone know what i can do? :( how long will it take for it to get good again?
    ive got topshop card to pay off...overdraught on student card, overdraught credit card....and didnt get payment off a person for avon when i was a rep a million years ago, so i forgot to pay it, and they sent a letter to a credit thingy. hmmm i think thats all the debt i have :( and i applied for a debenhams card and a topman card, which were declined, which goes against your credit ranting too.

oh my.

can i have some rep since i have no money?

2. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

:D poor Foxxy you could do with a good lottery win! lol

3. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Unfortunately there really isn't much you can do other then pay off your debts. It can take 6 years for defaults and bad credit scores to come off you credit rating.

Have you tried moneysavingexpert.com? There's lots of advice on there.

4. foxxy cleopatra

ohhh i know!!! i tried that 110 million one, didnt win :( i have a bit of luck with scratch card though! ive won a £1 once, but i kept the scratch card pinned to my board, cz i was impressed....so i never got the £1 :(

5. foxxy cleopatra

i shall go on that now! i wasnt too bothered before....but my bf and i have now got a joint account, so he has just told me that i affect his credit rating too :( i feel so bad :(

6. Savahl

Savahl Guest

im not too sure how much you would effect his rating unless the debt is on the shared account...my OH has a bad credit rating but mine is fine, we both applied for a credit card (for our honeymoon) he was refused but mine was accepted :eek: so it might not be all bad....

Stop applying for store cards ;) hehe

We made the mistake when he was out of work to try to get by using credit cards....but never again. now we have 1 credit card and thats it haha. way too easy to overspend the banks money!! And they always want it back :(

7. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

What are you studying at uni?

8. foxxy cleopatra

9. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

Ah. Is there much money to be made in that?

10. foxxy cleopatra

erm.......lol not really! i want/wanted to be a teacher, im not sure now though. im already in like 20,000 debt....so ive given up really.

11. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Have you thought about contacting the Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) for advice with your debts?

They have helped us, we were over £25,000 in debt.

foxxy cleopatra likes this.
  12. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

Didn't think so.... I mean isn't the reason why you go to uni - and get yourself into all this debt - is to get a fantastic job at the end of it, where you earn big bucks?

My advice would be knock it on the head and find a full time job. How old are you?
    Being in £20k worth of debt at a young age is serious.

13. foxxy cleopatra

well...i went to the student advice thing...and because my mum earns alot no one can do anything....but she doesnt give me any money. at all. from my student loan i get something like £50 to live on for 3 months. sigh.
    ive got a job. and you can get a good job if you have a degree....but theres nothing i really want to do...im thinking of law, but apparently its competative...so i have no idea really.

14. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Im of the opinion that if you cant afford it, then you go without.

It is possible to live without having everything on credit. You just have to make sacrifices.

15. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Whatever you do don't go to best4loans :mad:

16. foxxy cleopatra

hmm? lol like food? in my first year i went down to 7 st 4 because i didnt have a job. and i fainted and had to go to hospital cz i knocked myself out. and the 20,000 is debt from my education? i dont understand what you are getting at sorry? are you saying quit uni?

17. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

Yep.

Not because your debt is all from your education - but just so you can start earning some money to actually start paying this debt off.

A degree in Theology is not going to get you a fantastic job - otherwise I would stay stick with it and it will pay off in the end.
    A degree doesn't get you any job you want.

18. foxxy cleopatra

ermmmmmm im in my third year...so i am not going to quit now...lol. i can be a teacher, i can go on a fast track course for manager positions. ive got a better chance than someone who hasnt got a degree. and if all else fails i can be a vicar and you get a house.

19. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I think I'd have to agree to a point here. There was a time when having a degree meant you could waltz into almost any job you wanted but not anymore. When I was in college a man did a presentation about the percentage of graduates who were unemployed after graduating. I can't remember the figure but it was quite high.

Did you know you could do a degree in wine tasting? :D

20. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

PMSL vicar :lol: Somehow I can't see you being a vicar ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice