Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Credit Card Payment

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CharleyRogan, Apr 21, 2011.

1. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I have just paid the full balance off mine early, so when it gets to 4th May will they still take out the £5 minimum payment and I'll be in credit?

2. rona

rona Guest

No they shouldn't

3. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

like rona said no they shouldnt as you have paid it off ... just check your bank statement though just incase

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

if you pay by direct debit or standing order then just cancel it that way they cant draw anything

5. Savahl

Savahl Guest

They may charge interest if you paid between payment dates....they did with me :( 5 days interest cos i paid between normal payments.

Also keep an eye on it, i cancelled my direct debit and got a £15 fine for doing so, despite the due amount being zero. (they did wipe that for me)

6. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

no they will only take the amount if you have an amount outstanding.. doesn't matter if you have a dd set up or not. at least it shouldn't.

7. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

My mum paid hers off in full yesterday.. Then she spoke to one of their advisors to be told she will still get a bill and interest charges next month ?

8. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

you will still get a STATEMENT of your account and the charges for the interest for the month(s) you hadn't paid it off entirely. just cos you've paid it off now doesn't mean you won't have interest payments to make, you may still have payments from before you made the payment.

which if you have a dd set up then they will take the amount due. but once that's taken they shouldn't take any more money.

DD's come in different kinds

set payments - for known bill amounts that you've previously agreed to, like leccy bills where you pay say 10 each month

set variable payments - for different amounts - such as credit card, phone bills etc where the amount changes from month to month and you've allowed your creditor to take what is owed or a set amount like the £5 (or lowest payment for the amount owed).

hope that helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice