Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Creatinine levels?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by dee o gee, Mar 30, 2012.

1. dee o gee

dee o gee PetForums VIP

Just a quick question for those in the know as regards kidney issues. Just had full bloods done on my 7 year old cat. Results came back as slightly high lymphocytes and slightly high creatinine (222), urea was fine (7.2). It was just routine bloods so she has no issues (not PUPD), she's having a dental after lunch so just thought I'd run them.

She has a history of stress induced UTI's and has had a few stressful experiences in the last few days so vet thinks it's probably just another UTI or kidney infection and I shouldn't be worrying about crf. So just wondering what ye think of those values as I know there are a few very knowledgable people here who know a lot about kidneys. I do trust this vet's opinion but I'm just a chronic worryer.

2. Misi

Misi PetForums VIP

Hiya :)
    The creatinine is only just above normal and what is classed as normal also depends on the lab. The fact that the BUN (urea) is well within norms and your puss cat has a tendency for UTI's and the raised lymphocytes all point to it being a transitory thing, and nothing sinister going on with the kidneys. If you haven't noticed your cat drinking or peeing more, too, that's a good sign. Is the vet going to put her on antibiotics? If so, it might be worth repeating the test a little further down the line, just to be sure, and get the vet to do a specific gravity test on her urine as that gives a much bigger picture. Hope the dental goes okay.

3. dee o gee

dee o gee PetForums VIP

I think your right and it probably is another uti. I'l be monitoring her water intake and output closely anyways over the next while. Her dental went grand, just 1 extraction, feeling a bit sorry for herself but getting better, she's more herself now and ate a little a/d this evening. I might rerun the bloods in a few weeks time and get a urine sample off her next week. She got convenia yesterday so that'l cover her teeth and possible urinary infection.

4. Misi

Misi PetForums VIP

Goodo. Keep us posted!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice