Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Creamy discharge..?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Felix, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Felix

Felix PetForums Member

My little girl turns 1 on Friday, woo!

She had her first heat in March.

She also had one of her eyelids operated on (entropion) by Chris Mann of Chapel House Vets (Hady Hill, Chesterfield - the best :) ) on Monday.

But this past couple days I've noticed a white, creamy vaginal discharge. Thought she'd got a bit excited and wee'd herself at first (!), but it's happened again.

Could it be stress? She's very ok in herself. Her eye doesn't even seem to be affecting her. It's nicely stiched up and she ignores it.

I'm not worried - it could be nothing. She had it sometimes when she was very young.

But I wondered if this is the kind of thing that comes before a bitch goes into season? Surely, she can't be about to go back into season 5 months later..?!

2. bucksmum

bucksmum PetForums Senior

It's called juvienille vaginitis and normally clears up after her first season,although my bitches do still get it on and off throughout thier cycle.They are swabbed when mated and no sign of infection but if she has any other symptoms such as excessive thirst,lethargy and not herself generally then it becomes very serious as it could be pyometra,although this is normally up to a couple of months after season has finished.

3. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

She could be coming into season and this is the hormone changes before, one of our girls use to be every 5 months. Also may sound dumb here but how long was her op monday.......not sure if they would of used a catheter if it was long and she's irratated from that????:rolleyes::

4. Felix

Felix PetForums Member

So.. an update.

She's in season!

My little girl turned 1 on 21st August, and a week later she's in her SECOND season! She only had her first in March. Bloody crazy!

She's only a baby.. quite small for a Shar Pei and still looks like a pup. Bless her cotton socks :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice