Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Crazy Puppy Help!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Kadgey, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Kadgey

Kadgey PetForums Newbie

:confused:

Hey I've got some kind of crazy cross pup, supposed to be sproker x with a lakeland but he looks like a lab!

Hes only six weeks, yet to have his jabs and hes an angel one minute and the next hes a nightmare. Hes only young so I'm not too worried yet but I don't want him to get into bad habits.

He just wants to chew your hand, clothing, anything!! hes not started on the furniture yet but its not like hes nipping, its just hes proper chewing hard on my hand or feet or whatevers closest to him! I can't stroke him without him doing it. I put his chew toys in his mouth when he starts but its like im rewarding him for chewing me!! will this pass or do i need to tell him no?? I tell him off but he just jumps about playing like he doesnt understand. I feel bad telling him off if hes just teething and it will go but I don't want him to get used to doing it!

Sometimes when I tell him off hes starting barking (a really pathetic cute bark!!) or growling a little and I don't want to make him aggresive!

Please help, the last dog I had was a little yorkie and never once even tried to bite I dont think I ever had to tell him off! I know this dog is bigger and more boistrous but I want to get into good habits from the start!

Attached Files:

2. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

If he is biting you, you are better just to say 'no' in a loud hurt voice and walk away for a few seconds, this is what a litter mate would do (well not say no of course, but yelp and walk away!!). This is usually just a phase they go through and i am sure he will soon grow out of it, all pups go through biting it is just an investigation stage of their learning.

They soon learn that biting ends the game if you use the tactic above!

Good luck and i am sure it will soon pass. :eek::)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice