Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Crazy Colour Hair Dye

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CharleyRogan, Apr 28, 2011.

1. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Has anyone used it? Apparently its a hair stain more than a dye, and I have read it stains just about EVERYTHING. Its impervious to vaseline apparently and just the dye in the water when washing it off stains the bath.... apart from sneaking to my mums and ruining her bath which I don't really wanna do....I can't use it if it stains. The stuff tells me to bleach my hair but I'm scared of having no hair left!

I'm sick of the hairdresser telling me to get highlights to go blonde, it just costs me more money £120 for full head of highlights and they said 3/4 visits - £360+ no thanks! Can I bleach it at home without fried hair?

How do I get hair dye out of plastics? Bleach? I have already stained a worksurface doing a strand test!

#1 CharleyRogan, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  2. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Not a clue but didn't want to read and run :D

3. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Ive got quite a few.. What colour you going for?
    I would be careful with fabric but if worktops ect ive removed with bleach :)

4. CharleyRogan

Fire Red but from the strand test it doesn't seem to be changing all that much without it being bleached.

5. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

How long did you leave it on? The longer the better.
    Though they do show up cracking and last longer on bleached hair :)

6. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

you will need to bleach it if you want it to go a good fire red colour. its easy enough to do at home

7. CharleyRogan

I have dry hair already, will that affect it? i don't want it to snap, my hair is already red so i will be bright GINGER with bleach on. (No offence to gingers!!) hahaha

My little bro is ginger and I really don't wanna be the same colour as him! :)

8. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

if it goes ginger it will still take the red well and brightly. are you doing it all over or just sections of it?

9. CharleyRogan

The whole lot! Which is why I'm scared about snappage!

10. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Charley,

To be honest, the hairdresser is being a bit lazy if they are saying you should "go blonde gradually with highlights", and £120 is crazy money for a set of highlights. In our salon you could get a full set of highlights (up to 3 different colours), a cut and blowdry and a L'Oreal Professional Colour Treatment afterwards for between £65-£80. This is using L'Oreal Professional Colours and L'Oreal Trained staff too.

If you want to go blonde in one step, assuming your hair is long and previously coloured, we could do it for £135. That's the maximum price by the way...it could be much lower than that, but it includes de-colourizing x 2, crystal shimmer toning, L'Oreal Professional Treatment, L'Oreal Professional Serie Expert Shampoo and Conditioner to take home with you and also your cut and blow dry. If you could make it on a Wednesday or Monday, we also have a prize wheel that you get to spin at the end of your appointment with things like free appointments, free products, discounts etc. so you might even find you get the whole lot done free!

You'll need to set aside upto 7 hours to get it done (might only take 5 hours, but set aside 7 anyway).
    The job is a complex one so not something I'd recommend you try at home. That's unusual for me as I normally hand out all sorts of DIY advice here (as you know) but this one needs to be carried out in a salon.

You're not too far from our salons, and if you come to the Woolton salon we have a specialized Colour Director there who works Tuesday to Saturday. Let me know if I can be of any help.

xx

P.S. Stay away from the crazy colour. It's not good ;)

11. CharleyRogan

Crazy colour is NOT good! It cost me £6 and has stained my kitchen worksurface and no amount of bleach is getting the bugger out! Did sod all to my hair colour, but did to plastic! Maybe I should just become barbie... :D

£135!! Thats amazing!! :D :D I got highlights done, and i hated them afterwards cos it just was pretty much the same as what it had been before I dyed it black! I'm forever being ripped off! i did think that was a bit excessive but my mum told me to go to this place in Formby cos it was ex toni and guy hairdressers and that they were amazing :/ It started off at being £80 and suddenly rose by the end of it to £120 even though I got no other treatments or anything like that!

Student loans are in on the 2nd May, and have exams all that week 3rd/5th and one on the 13th. So after that... its hairdye timeeeeeee :D And I will book an appointment with you as you aren't that far away! Kinda by Hunts Cross isn't?

Does it matter if my hair is half red, half...... other colour which I tried to get red? More a mish mash of colours - black/red/brown

12. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My bits are in Dark Red.

xx

13. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

i can tell im on my tablets i read that as my bits are Dark Red :eek: :lol:

my hair dresser also told me that to go blonde from a dark colour (dyed not natural) you have to have it done as highlights and keep getting it done like that so i decided to go darker with bright red bits. they also recommended i used crazy colour when the red was fading to top the colour back up :confused:

14. CharleyRogan

I was in Wavertree 3 days a go, won't be for couple of weeks now I don't think. I thought Woolton was over Hunts Cross cos I looked at a map and it was kinda close. I have heard Woolton is posh but I haven't been there.

I will remember that in the future. I thought Toni&Guy was the bees knees! You must get a great feeling when people say they were trained in your salon, it shows your reputation, and the fact that people like working for you! :D

Yeah, I know bout strand tests and them skin tests and everything! I still do them now with hair dye I use, because I am allergic to stuff like bubble bath and skin products, so I think there is always a chance for hair dye and I have read stories of bad happenings with it. I also do a strand test too. I haven't put that crazy colour on, after it won't come off the worksurface and the strand test was a crap colour, I didn't bother.

Will defo let you know when I'm coming down! Do you work in your salons, or are you like an owner that comes around and checks from time to time?

It was the guy in Sally's that recommended it to me :/ also got some sulfate shampoo to stop dye coming out, but now as I plan to dye it again, I'm gonna use Head & Shoulders to get colour out of my hair!

15. CharleyRogan

Thats what mine said to me as well, but if mine charges £120 for highlights, I want rid of her!

16. rkrdogwalking

rkrdogwalking PetForums Newbie

i dye my hair ALL the time.... i have been green, light and dark blue, all kinds of red, blonde, purple... and everything inbetween! i always bleach my hair and some bleaches are harsher than others, i have started using xxl bleach and it is brilliant! i used to have to bleach my hair twice before puttin the colour on but with the xxl live i use it once for about 40 mins and its great!
    i have been bleaching an dying my hair for years and i am quite supprised my hair doesnt snap lol.
    but i ALWAYS condition my hair the day before i dye it and leave it on over night then i wash it off, dry my hair, bleach it, wash off the bleach then condition it, leave it on for an hour or so then wash it off and put the dye on... i use directions dye too.
    hope i helped :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice