Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Crave dog food?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Apollo2012, May 21, 2019.

1. Apollo2012

Apollo2012 PetForums VIP

I've switched Apollo to this food recently partly because i got a free sample from tesco one day ( both Apollo and the cat liked it) and partly because of the ease or ordering it with my online shopping. Find it pricy at £16 for 2.8kg but he seems to enjoy it mixed with some cooked beef mince even though he's super fussy and he's putting on weight. I've been battling for ages to find something he will eat for more than a week (so far so good)

Anyone else feeding it? Does it seem like a good food or is there better or the same for less money?

2. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

I also saw this food in Tesco and pets at home are stocking the wet:)

3. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Moril has the cat one in his occasional kibble tub at the minute. Also a free (well, money back) bag though, so not sure of my plans long term!

4. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

Don't feed it but I was tempted to pick up a 1kg bag from Morrisons the other night for £5.

5. Sarah1983

Sarah1983 PetForums VIP

I tried Spen on it for about a month and had the same problem we've had with Orijen and Eden, they just seem to be too rich for him. He gets the squits and drops weight. Handy to be able to grab a small bag of something that seems good in an emergency though.

6. Apollo2012

Apollo2012 PetForums VIP

I did get a bag of the cat version too and Nyx ate it soo fast she loved it and was glued to the bowl and constantly meowing at me for more any time i went in the kitchen. She's never been a big eater of dry food but she went crazy for it. I've ordered it again for her

7. Apollo2012

Apollo2012 PetForums VIP

Apollo's stomach can be funny with foods we usually stick to salmon based ones but this one seems to suit him. Currently feeding him the lamb one. Ive never tried origen or eden

8. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

They all contain chicken so I haven't tried it. Have two dogs that can't have chicken and it's one of those foods like many that isn't clear with what you are picking up from the front packet!

If it works for Apollo that's great though. Handy you can buy it from the supermarket

9. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

Great news for Apollo it feels so good when we find a food that suits our dogs:)

10. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

I have just put the boys on this really surprised they ate it as they have been on a raw diet they like it and have had no tummy trouble so far although £16 for 2.8kg is making a dent in my purse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice