Crates for vans

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by Izzy95, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Izzy95

Izzy95 PetForums Member

Sorry I’m aware there’s a lot of threads about this but I have a few questions. Which ones to go for? I want to use space as best I can. I’ve looked on google but it seems to be a bit of a minefield. Also I know they’re fitted but if I were to change vans could the same crates be fitted to another van (if the space was the same)

2. Darrell Jones

Darrell Jones PetForums Member

You could get them custom built like I did. Worked out much cheaper than some of the big brands. A local welder made them for my Transit Connect van.

3dogs2cats and Seonag like this.
  3. mbwoy84

mbwoy84 PetForums Junior

http://www.transk9.com

Their cages are the best and they appear to hold their value used if you needed to sell to buy a new set up for a new van.

4. Rob Crook

Rob Crook PetForums Newbie

Their cages are the best and they appear to hold their value used if you needed to sell to buy a new set up for a new van.[/QUOTE]

Iv just bought a Doblo van and looking for crate set-up. Came accross Transk9 ones but very expensive!

5. Positive Pooch

Positive Pooch PetForums Newbie

I had an amazing bespoke crate made for me by the silent traveller in Barham near chichester. I think they are better than the bargo or transk9 ones and much cheaper. Mainly because it's a small company sole trader. Hes really worth looking into. The crate is so well made and silent and sturdy. He makes them to fold flat in the vehicle if you want too.

As it goes @Rob Crook my crate was made for my fiat doblo mpv and i am thinking about changing vehicle so dont know if u might be interested. It is fitted to go flush behind the rear seat thats left and then have more crates in the space between it and the front seats. It has a removeable divider and removable storage at the top which means you could fit a great dane in it if wanted. Got lead hooks and rear escape hatches.

If your interested let me know. :)