Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Crates/Cages

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sallyanne, Feb 7, 2008.

1. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Do you use them,whats your opinion on them?

I wouldn't be without mine,mine are crated at night and during the day if I go out.That way I know the dogs are safe and my house will remain in one piece plus there's no chance of a fight breaking out.

2. Magik

Magik Banned

When I first saw / heard of crates I thought they were a terrible cruel idea. But after some research I have since found out they are a valuble piece of equipment with many advantages and the dogs enjoy them too... like their own little castle.

3. garryd

garryd Guest

i agree with you sally ,espeacialy with our breeds ! If i take them anywhere in my truck ,i have got the proper nissan dog cages fitted in the back ! A £500 factory option i might add:(But it is safer taking them anywhere then though;)

4. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

i use crates to,,, wouldnt be without them,,, :D:D

5. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

I dont use them myself and as Magik said initially didnt like the ide of them but after learning more I have no issue with people who do use them as long as the dog isnt confined to it all day, there will always be someone who uses them in the wrong way and not how they were intended to be, but you can say the same about anything

6. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

I use them. :)

7. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

I use them too - the dogs enjoy using them as a bed too - we also have transporter boxes for the back of the van to keep them all safe while we travel. I recommend crates if they are used correctly!!

8. Jo P

Jo P PetForums VIP

I dont use them but think they are a great invention if you need them.

9. Magik

Magik Banned

I might introduce one for my girlfriend.

10. claire

claire Guest

Dogs we had before have used crates but cassie hates them, when you put her in one she poos or pees then steps all in it:mad:

11. dad 2 a welshie

dad 2 a welshie PetForums Junior

I shall use a crate when i get little one and once she is house trained it will go back in the cubourd again. They are useful things when used correctly.

12. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

I use a crate, Its simply for 2 of my dogs to sleep in with the door open to come 2 nd throw, The other 2 sleep on my leather.
    But i will add it is always handy to have just incase :D
    1 of My sisters has one for her bully, If she did'nt have that she would'nt have a home :eek: So yes i think they are very handy.

13. dogsdinner

dogsdinner PetForums Junior

Best invention IMO used all the time at shows so they need to know its not punishment. Saves the house also, and stops food fights, mine have got huge crates so they can stand and turn round.

14. nici

nici PetForums Senior

i use them but only for when im out in the day , i woulnt use them but it is a case of having to as my northern inuit bitch cant be left in the day she will chew things up she has even turn my cooker on before:eek:, but at night she is fine and we dont use them:)

15. dogsdinner

dogsdinner PetForums Junior

Is that her in the pic she's a beauty alright!

16. brianbvs

brianbvs PetForums Junior

I don't have one but I should.... have to go and get one

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice