Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

crate

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by jasper1, Apr 7, 2011.

1. jasper1

jasper1 PetForums Junior

Its been ages since i was on here as have had no problems but jasper has just started pooing in his crate which he hasnt done in ever before i let him out late and dont feed him after half 6pm but when i come down at 7am his crate is covered in poo. Cant understand why this is suddenly happening anyone know?

2. ian1969uk

ian1969uk PetForums Member

A trip to the vets might be in order just to make sure that there is no underlying reason why he suddenly can't go through the night without needing to go.

3. jasper1

jasper1 PetForums Junior

well he has vets next week to have his first set of jabs cos his only 13 weeks old so am gonna ask then

4. kimdelyse

kimdelyse PetForums Senior

It doesn't seem too unusual to have a set back at just 13 weeks; in an older dog maybe. Obviously do mention it to the vet to be on the safe side! How big is the crate in relation to your dog? If the crate is oversized the dog will be more likely to mess in it...

5. jasper1

jasper1 PetForums Junior

its not that big its a small one his gettin bit big for it now

6. ian1969uk

ian1969uk PetForums Member

Didn't realise from your first post he was so young.

General rule of thumb I learnt is that a puppy should be able to hold it for an hour for every month of their age. At 13 weeks, it's going to be tough to leave your dog all night and not expect to wake to find he has done something.

At that age with our two, the alarm was set for every 3 hours through the night to let them out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice