Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Crate/Trolley

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by Emmastace, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

I bought a separate crate and trolley as opposed to the all in one type because I want to be able to use the crate at benched shows and couldn't work out how you would get the whole things, wheels and all, on a bench. Anyway I am now at a loss as to the best way to attach said crate to the trolley and make sure it is safe. I have tried bungee cords but it still wobbles about a bit and makes Mylo nervous. I also tend to lose them in all the paraphenalia. Any ideas on the most secure, most convenient, way to attach a crate to a trolley that is still simple to separate.

2. Kicksforkills

Kicksforkills PetForums VIP

I think you are bound to get wobble whatever you do :)

We brought a grooming table/trolley with wheels all in one last show -for £115.

When we put the crate on it, it just sat there. Sure it wobbled a bit but not enough for concern.

I would think cords would be the best way for least wobble :)

3. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I'm looking at having a show trolley for my dogs mainly because if I take 3/4 dogs to a show I have to make 3 jouneys back to the car first taking the cages then the dogs then going back for my bags but also because my OH hates going to shows such as crufts with me. There is no way even with 1 dog I could cope at crufts on my own with a show trolley I can just pop the dog inside and my bags on top and off we go. Also last year by the time Tabbitha had walked from the halls to the car she was slightly lame from walking on the loose gravel on the car park she hates walkign on small gravelly pieces.

The one I am looking at is £550 plus delivery not something I could really afford or warrent spening that much on myself butI have just got my 25 years service award at work and they allow you to spend up to £500 on anything you want. The only thing is they have to order it as if they give you the money you have to pay tax on it. I will have to pay the extra myself. A lot of people used them at crufts for iggies last year they just parked them infront or at the end of the benches and put their ring number onto the trolley.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice