UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Follow me on @popuppetstop on insta
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was posting on friday night and me and OH both weren't well i had flu and he had "a pulled stomach" .........this was until he got rushed into AnE at 2am this morning with severe abdominal pain and vomiting we got the hospital ussal samples were taken with the results of infection..but they didn't know what type.....for the pain they set up an IV with fluids and painkillers ....the painkillers didn't work so he ended up spaced on morphine and had to have various sickness injections now he is on the surgical assessment unit while they find out what is wrong with him.... i am so worried about him and it was hard not to show to him cause he is terrified of hospitals and being ill
so i have just came home and having a good winge!!!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Try and get some rest and make sure you eat too. Sleep if possible, you will need to be alert tomorrow. Fingers crossed he is home soon, all the best xx

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Bad enough to have flu (hope you're getting over it) but your poor OH, how scary for you both :thumbdown:
As for having a whinge this is a good place to do it but you're 'offloading' not whingeing :):)
Hope you've got plenty of family/friends nearby that can support you and your OH, ((((hugs)))) to both of you x

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Sending you (((Hugs)))) and keeping my fingers and toes crossed that your OH makes a good recovery. Just remember that, although you will be worried about him, look after yourself too!! (Hope I don't sound a bossy boots! :yikes:) Sending positive healing vibes for you both!
Cali will give you lots of cuddles too, I'm sure!! ;)

Thinking of you xx

·
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh dear wish you both well !!! Maybe he has Appendicitis ?
they suspect gall stones its too far up to be appendictis its very near the chest his pain

Sending you (((Hugs)))) and keeping my fingers and toes crossed that your OH makes a good recovery. Just remember that, although you will be worried about him, look after yourself too!! (Hope I don't sound a bossy boots! :yikes:) Sending positive healing vibes for you both!
Cali will give you lots of cuddles too, I'm sure!! ;)

Thinking of you xx
Cali has gone to the dog sitter for all of today tonight and tomorrow so i can get straight back up the hospital tomoz morning

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Sending get well vibes to you both. I hope they get your hubby sorted out soon.

Look after yourself and try to get a good night's sleep

·
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys :) will post more tomoz

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
So sorry to hear that you and your oh havnt been well,hope they get him sorted quickly and you get him home quickly, try and rest up and don't forget to eat

G

·
Sending you both healing and supportive vibes, here's hoping they get to the bottom of your OH's illness.

·
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you all so much for your well wishes :D better news well kind of he is feeling better had a scan and found a large gall stone so hopefully they will remove it via surgery :)

·
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
EAT! SLEEP!....you will be playing nursey when he comes home :p

best wishes x
thats what my boss said i rung up to get some time off (shes a nurse i work in a care home) she suggested for me to go in work while he is still in hospital and then take the time off when he is out to "play nursey" :p am just so glad he is a bit better :)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Glad they've found the cause I think the not knowing can be worse than knowing because our imaginations can play havoc, hopefully he'll Bo on the mend soon :)

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
So pleased the hospital was able to find the cause and hope that they can resolve this quickly! :thumbup:

Hope your OH will be a good patient for you!! :D

xx

Look after yourself as well! :)

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
aww the poor man, gallstones are supposed to be horribly painful. Im glad its nothing more serious! Agree with everyone on here though, make sure you look after yourself.. you will be playing nurse when he comes home:p

·
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
just a quick update kev found out today the gallstone is 4cm!! which is huge! so they have to take his whole gall bladder out via op they don't know when they are going to do it hopefully soon though he is still not home and has been moved to a really strict ward the last unit he was on let me sit with him all day but this one this one the matron kicked me out :( booooo i just want him well and home :( but on the up side cali is back from dog sitters now that i can only go the hospital during offical visiting hours i missed by little black and white bundle one home one to go!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.