Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

crafters thread?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by redroses2106, Nov 20, 2013.

1. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

My mum and I have spent the morning painting stones for the front garden to mix in with the other pebbles.
    20200308_153449.jpg

debijw, MilleD, niamh123 and 7 others like this.
  2. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

I really like these. My favourite is the one on the far right top row, little animal in the raincoat, but they are all lovely.
    Do you have to do anything special or do you just use ordinary paint etc? Do you need to put a protective 'cover' over the top like varnish for example?

PawsOnMe likes this.
  3. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

Thank you, we used acrylic paints and we're going to seal them with an outdoor varnish. :)

ForestWomble likes this.
  4. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

Thank you. I'm thinking I might give this a go, sounds like a fun idea.

PawsOnMe likes this.
  5. Risas

Risas Ria&Giggs

I've done embroidered cards - the angle and hedgehog - I actually made the pattern for the hedgehog to. I do others just dont have them on my phone.
    And small crocheted hats (modeled by my african pygmy hedgehog-APH) they work on a lot of small pets hamsters mice, even bearded dragons so I was told by someone I sold one to.

BEFORE ANY COMMENTS ARE MADE!
    African pygmy hedgehogs are the only hedgehog you can have as a pet, they will die if in the wild as they can't hibernate. It is not cruel to keep them. And she has the best possible care anyone can give a pet! Not interested in anyone trying to 5ell me otherwise.

Attached Files:

Faoladh, PawsOnMe, Pixel and 3 others like this.
  6. George Duke-Cohan

George Duke-Cohan PetForums Member

They are amazing. I love the bee one and the desert... wow

PawsOnMe likes this.
  7. George Duke-Cohan

O M G the hedgehog is so cute... I love the elf hat. Goodness me what is it like taking care of one? Are they easy or hard. I have seen them on BBC spring watch and other programs. What do they do all day? O and is it true that they like little tummy tubs.

8. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

I love your stones ! I've just done one to put in Tango's rose pot , it has her name +, years of birth and death on it.
    Will post a photo tomorrow, bit dark now .

PawsOnMe and George Duke-Cohan like this.
  9. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

Thank you :)
    Thank you, I'm looking forward to seeing the photo, sounds a lovely way to remember her with the rose pot.

10. Risas

Risas Ria&Giggs

She is, her name is Holly.
    They are pretty easy in some things and they are wonderful, mine loves cuddles but some just wanna run all over you and a nightmare in others! They have wheels to ensure they get the exercise - as they run they poo! That is a nightmare to clean (although Holly is pretty clean compared to others) And cutting their nails is a huge fight, you cant just take them to a vet or groomer like a dog or cat you have to do it yourself! Loads put up a fight about it because they hate!! And boys have "boy time" (pleasing themself) they make a right mess (I wont own a boy becaise cleaning thay up daily, I just dont want to do that) They sleep all day but they are super active at night but they dont really make much noise (not that I found anyway) some come out to snack in the day but only a short fee seconds.
    Holly isnt that keen on belly rubs but likes her face stroked, some love their belly rubs! They are all different. Some dont like either belly rubs or face strokes but love a nice back massage.

Though looking after a injured wild hog and an african pygmy hedgehog is totally different (so a lot say) their care and needs are totally different.

George Duke-Cohan likes this.
  11. George Duke-Cohan

That is so sweet. Welcome for looking after the injured ones, we need more people to do this because the hog population is in decline and let's be real, they are cute and they are so vital for our ecosystem. Keep it up and post more pics of your adorable friends.

Can't wait for your next batch of cuteness. Give Holly a face rub from me and tell her she is cute and also has a new found love for pygmy hedgehog.

12. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

This is a stone I painted to put with Tango's rose ( tottering-by-gently)

IMG_20200320_183504_resized_20200320_063541835.jpg

Sarah H, Pixel, niamh123 and 3 others like this.
  13. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

That's stunning, I love it!

What a lovely idea :)

I've been so crazily busy lately that I'm really missing quilting. I started a scrap quilt at the start of the year for my spare bed, using only fabric that I already had, but progress has stalled. I've also got a couple of others in the planning stages but just need the time to actually make them!

MilleD, lullabydream and SusieRainbow like this.
  14. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

My first Coronavirus quilt. It's not my usual style but I can't get deliveries since we're in state of emergency so I have to make do with what I've got. I've had this fabric for ages but never had enough of it for a proper sized quilt, so just made a little throw for the sofa. I have another scrap quilt in the works too!

IMG_4979.jpg

Pixel, SusieRainbow, niamh123 and 2 others like this.
  15. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

@McKenzie , that is really pretty. Love it.

McKenzie likes this.
  16. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

And this is Coronavirus Quilt #2. Made completely from scraps. I didn't love making this one, and I don't particularly love the finished product, but it does brighten up my spare bedroom.

IMG_5047.JPG

17. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

Since I have plenty of time on my hands I've finally gotten around to painting and doing up this vintage sewing box. It was a gift from an elderly lady a few years ago, she used to enjoy seeing my crafts- since she was a very crafty lady herself- and wanted to see it done up but sadly died soon after giving it to me.

20200407_123606-01.jpeg
    20200407_123836.jpg
    Now just got to fill it up with all my sewing things :)

Pixel, MilleD, lullabydream and 2 others like this.
  18. Beth78

Beth78 PetForums VIP

I've used my isolation boredom to knit Whisp a house collar
    20200409_100730.jpg

19. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

After having had a gentle kick up the bum by @lullabydream , I buckled down and managed to make something on Good Friday. Haven't quite managed to get back to polymer clay yet, but sat in the garden and made a bracelet. The cat charm was from @Ceiling Kitty in her Secret Santa the year before last.

Hope you like.

[​IMG]Labradorite Bracelet by Claire , on Flickr

20. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Gorgeous!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice