UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 2644 Posts

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should we have one?
it seems lots of artsy/crafty people on the forum and I love seeing what everyone makes, would it be an idea to maybe have a thread to showcase all things crafty? do you have anything crafty you want to show off? :) pop it below

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
As ive just commented in another thread im unfortunately not crafty at all, however i
very impressed by what some people here can do and look forward to seeing some pics! (great thread idea! :))

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I would love some tips on making things. I can't afford presents for Christmas so would be nice if I could make something for people instead as I feel guilty not getting anything.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I shall start it off with a few of the things I have been making recently

I have hundreds and could be here all day - the bunny was a practise run - will be making a better one soon, with eyes :p

Attachments

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like this idea :)
I usually paint and make stuff, though don't have the time right now!
My bf and I are also building a model railway, does that count as crafty? :)
yes anything you make with your own two hands is crafty :) everything goes! :)

I would love some tips on making things. I can't afford presents for Christmas so would be nice if I could make something for people instead as I feel guilty not getting anything.
well what would you like to make? I dabble in a bit of this and that and could maybe help - have you looked at youtube tutorials?

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
yes anything you make with your own two hands is crafty :) everything goes! :)

well what would you like to make? I dabble in a bit of this and that and could maybe help - have you looked at youtube tutorials?
I have absolutely no idea? Soaps, candles, Xmas decorations? I'm not sure tbh :eek:
At the moment I don't have much work so have hours to spare in the day.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have absolutely no idea? Soaps, candles, Xmas decorations? I'm not sure tbh :eek:
At the moment I don't have much work so have hours to spare in the day.
soap I have no idea :p
candles - you could get a cheap candle making kit for £15 with everything you need check out hobby craft - or you can buy in the wax of your choice and some fragrance - try ebay for something low cost :) you will also need the wicks the great thing with the second tutorial is you can pour your candles into anything - you could even use an old jam jar and put a ribbon around it

How to Make a Candle: Step-by-Step Instructions for Learning how to Make Candles - YouTube

Tutorial : How to Make Soy Candles in Vintage Teacups - YouTube

·
Registered
643 Posts
I used to do a fair bit of model painting for miniature war gaming. Only ever had the time to do a few shoots of tanks though. The people in the second picture actually have normal coloured skin rather than grey skin now too :laugh:

I did a better picture in photography, so I'll try and upload it in a bit.

The final picture that I added in the edit was something I used in my actual photography assignment.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Ahh I love making crafty things :)

I usually make things as gifts and forget to photograph them before I give them away :eek:
I like to sew things, bake, decorate phone cases, make bath things, soap, sweet bouquets/trees and jewellery and... anything really :p I'm going to try my hand at making candles this christmas :)

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ahh I love making crafty things :)

I usually make things as gifts and forget to photograph them before I give them away :eek:
I like to sew things, bake, decorate phone cases, make bath things, soap, sweet bouquets/trees and jewellery and... anything really :p I'm going to try my hand at making candles this christmas :)
ooh I am just about to have a go at decorating phone cases - what glue do you use? I have been using e-6000 for blinging things, but it's been giving me headaches

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
ooh I am just about to have a go at decorating phone cases - what glue do you use? I have been using e-6000 for blinging things, but it's been giving me headaches
I couldn't find any e-6000 so I just got some 'glu&fix all purpose' stuff that looked similar - I wouldn't recommend it though, it smells like nail varnish remover and will probably give you a headache too! :(

·
Registered
643 Posts
Oh wow, little railway buldings! Always loved looking at the little buildings in the hobby shops :) If you ever need little people, they have a large bunch on ebay, but I'm not sure if they come painted :confused:

Oh man, I want to post more pictures, but I'll have to take them :laugh: I don't want to upload other pictures in case I wasn't the one who took them :laugh:

1 - 20 of 2644 Posts