UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this new nail polish that creates a cracked effect on your nail? I've just tried it there myself and I'm very impressed :D

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very good :cool: Do you paint a base coat and then a top coat to get that effect? I'm far too old for that sort of look but maybe if they did it in a softer colours :)
Yep, you put whatever colour you want underneath and then just pop the top coat over it and it cracks away :) You put a final clear top coat to seal it and Bob's your uncle.

You can get the cracking top coat in a range of colours I think, at it looks much softer with a pastel base and a white cracking coat, but I've no white or pastel colours, so I thought I'd go all out :) Took a couple of attempts to get the cracking right though, you have to cake it on! :eek:

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I have a couple of them. I think gold and silver....

I just bought more nailpolish today....bright orange and green...thought it would be fun for Halloween. I already have black, so will have to somehow mix them all up!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Very good :cool: Do you paint a base coat and then a top coat to get that effect? I'm far too old for that sort of look but maybe if they did it in a softer colours :)
Lynn I'm 40 and use that stuff and I have tattoo's and eyebrow pierced and shaved hair :eek: :eek:

Rabbitmonkee they do another one aswell with a slightly different effect, more like crocodile skin. Barry M is the make I think. I've got a whole shelf in my fridge dedicated to nail polish :eek:...keeping it in the fridge helps stop it going gooey for those who didnt know.

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lynn I'm 40 and use that stuff and I have tattoo's and eyebrow pierced and shaved hair :eek: :eek:

Rabbitmonkee they do another one aswell with a slightly different effect, more like crocodile skin. Barry M is the make I think. I've got a whole shelf in my fridge dedicated to nail polish :eek:...keeping it in the fridge helps stop it going gooey for those who didnt know.
Well y'know I never knew that, thanks for the heads-up Lavs! I'll take a look at that Barry M one, I think I may just end up hoarding these, they look so good! :eek: :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've got loads of colours, love the stuff! The black looks brilliant with gold underneath, I used orange as the base last Halloween and it was gorgeous, there's metallic turquoise colour that Rimmel do which looks amazing too.

Have you seen the new magnetic polishes? Can't wait to get hold of some of those :D

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've got loads of colours, love the stuff! The black looks brilliant with gold underneath, I used orange as the base last Halloween and it was gorgeous, there's metallic turquoise colour that Rimmel do which looks amazing too.

Have you seen the new magnetic polishes? Can't wait to get hold of some of those :D
I have not, I will check that out! I love nail varnish :D

·
Registered
9,412 Posts

Yes, I have seen those magnetic ones, haven't tried them yet. I love all the new colours being brought out now, my fridge is like a rainbow inside :D Love the heavily glittered polishes aswell, have a nice deep red glittered varnish that matches my red glittery lip gloss :)

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I tried it with a gold base and this is the result. Not as harsh looking as the red, I think, it's much bolder. Not sure which I prefer, what do you all think?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.