UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know i am having a self pity party......but i just dont seem to EVER get a break....if something bad is gona happen, you can bet your bottom dollar it will happen to me.....

The glass isnt half full, it is fecking empty lol.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I know i am having a self pity party......but i just dont seem to EVER get a break....if something bad is gona happen, you can bet your bottom dollar it will happen to me.....

The glass isnt half full, it is fecking empty lol.
Its real s**t...they say everything is getting better but still this is happening:mad:

I too was made redundant after 8 years at the beginning of all this and its heartbreaking.

I'm having a [email protected] day too. Can I gate crash your party and we can cry into our glasses together?

Sod everything and get pi-eyed. Won,t help tonight but will take away the shite feeling till tomorrow and can think about it then;)

·
Registered
26,620 Posts
everyones allowed a 'pity party' sometimes.
im sorry :(

*hugs*

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys xxx

Deb, Got rat arsed last night....got splitting headache to prove it.

It does make you feel crap doesnt it....i mean they have someone working who is not on contract, only tempory !! they just want me out....could go and argue the case.....but i will take my severence pay, walk away with my head held high.....i know so much **** about some of them, tell you what, back stabber isnt a strong enough word. i could be really nasty and stir up ****....but i wont, i just cant be nasty....they have treated me like **** all these years....loads of stuff.

Will miss some of them.....was out shopping, and went to the freezer section to get some frozen food for my lunch at work, and realised i dont need them now !!!

Just keep thinking 'what now' ???

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
thanks guys xxx

Deb, Got rat arsed last night....got splitting headache to prove it.

It does make you feel crap doesnt it....i mean they have someone working who is not on contract, only tempory !! they just want me out....could go and argue the case.....but i will take my severence pay, walk away with my head held high.....i know so much **** about some of them, tell you what, back stabber isnt a strong enough word. i could be really nasty and stir up ****....but i wont, i just cant be nasty....they have treated me like **** all these years....loads of stuff.
Will miss some of them.....was out shopping, and went to the freezer section to get some frozen food for my lunch at work, and realised i dont need them now !!!

Just keep thinking 'what now' ???
Thats it Hun...walk away with head held high...your better then the scumbags that have done this. OK when a company goes down the pan then yes partly understand but when as you say they have temps working for them then they are scumbags who have no thought for other people at all.

I was in a differnt situation....was manager of Rosebys and of course the whole company went kerrput due to being sold to some dimwits (cant say anymore or i'll get banned!)

Things will be ok Hun and I know that is not what you want to hear at the moment because its hard to see past the time you go. I know when people said that to me I used to think "you have no idea, how am I going to manage, what am I going to do etc etc" BUT it will be OK.

Bet your head is banging what with last night and now this....REMEDY....have another little drink and rant away on here. We are all here to listen and too rant away with you !!:)

xx

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks so much Deb....you have really helped.

I know, i will be ok....just got to get over the shock, and start to try and find a positive, iykwim and then consider my options....i think the pay will last about six months.

·
Registered
16,347 Posts
Oh no :(

You will find something better for you out there soon, I think everything happens for a reason and even though it's crap at the moment, it will work out!

Keep your chin up :) x

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
Have been made redundant !!!!! i am shell shocked.
I am very sorry to hear this Gilly. I do hope you find a really super job very soon.

My Son was made redundant at Christmas. Good timing, Er!!!:mad: He had been with his firm for 13 years as well, but has had a good redundancy settlement. Enough for him to live on for a while & now gets job seeker allowance. He lives here with us so is luckier than most, as he has no overheads except car expenses. He hasn't yet managed to find another job, though he is trying. His lack of ability is a downfall in his case.

I am sure you won't have any problem finding good employment doing something you really want to do.

·
Registered
13,034 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear this. Know how you feel - happened to me a few years ago - not the best feeling.:arf:
As mentioned hope you find something that you will be happier with but in the meantime enjoy a bit of time out for yourself.
I believe the saying is - as one door closes, another opens............:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I was made redundant a few years back, the business I was working for (for 11 years) went bust and they tried to get out of paying my statutory notice and redundancy, I had to start tribuanal proceedings against them and it got rather nasty.
However I got the payments and started my own business, going round doing people's gardens - I've always loved gardening. I'm now much better off financially, and can work what hours I want. If I fancy having a day off and going up to the Lake District, I can! (though of course I have to make up the time another day). Being made redundant was the start of the best part of my working life.

So, though it's gutting and scary at the moment, look on it as an opportunity do something else, something you like doing. Be positive. Whatever happens, you won't starve!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I know its a cliche but every cloud has a silver lining, my oh just lost his business that he worked so hard for, but hes started again on his own and wont have the worries of finding wages for everyone and we will have a life without so many worrys. Take your time and find something you really want to do, life does throw s##t at u sometimes its how you handle it that counts lots of luck look on it as a new begining.:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.